Stiff soled shoes for 5th meta. fracture

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

I'm on week 6 of my non displaced 5th metatarsal fracture and was told that I could now switch from my cam walker boot to a stiff soled shoe. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good stiff soled shoe.

I was thinking of ordering a pair of Dr. Martens boots but not sure it that is the best choice.

Any recommendations if appreciated!

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Am 2 days past surgery for a screw in that bone. Was not healing fast enough without. My doctor told me 4 weeks non weightbearing then 4 weeks walking in boot then back on my horse. Maybe that is just after surgery though. Let us knkw what you find shoe wise
  • Posted

My podiatrist recommended Brooks tennis shoe and Algiers reg. shoes which is like a Mary Jane. Lots of nurses wear them. I think Danske makes one kind if like Algiers. Clarks ate also good but my foot is too narrow for them

• Posted

I would talk to phisio and they will give you advice I got Italian leather shoes that give me good support upboth sides of foot but is soft leather outside and lining so feet don't get too warm. Phisio should tell you where to get something suitable and not too stiff that would hurt your foot. Take your time I had to go for shoes 2 sizes bigger my foot swells that much so leave buying till foot is swollen.

• Posted

I used Reeboks walking shoe after my midfoot fusion. We refer to them as sneakers where I live.  My foot surgeon said they were excellent for my needs after I transitioned out of the walking cast/boot. Several months later, while I can tolerate regular shoes on occasion, they are my go to comfort shoe of choice.
  • Posted

I also really need a recommendation for a stiff soled shoe.  Am sick to DEATH of the aerosole boot.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.