Stiffness

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am just curious to know why stiffness settles back in  fairly quickly even after many heelslides and exercise? Why can it not just stay away?

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I wish I had the correct medical response for you. I know what you’re saying, because this is one of the most depressing part of the recovery process for me, especially when I wake up in the morning. Good luck with your recovery.
    • Posted

Thank you so much! I am sorry you suffer too. I am generally ok in getting up but trying to go downstairs still tough and then after heelslides shortly after stiff again and have reboot the whole process again. That's what I find frustrating the most. All the hard work with heelslides and then it tightens back up. Just being patient and waiting now for it to stay somewhat loose. I am definitely getting improvements just so slow LOL 

Good luck to you as well. We all just have to hang in there together 

• Posted

Hi robin this is one of my problems but I've learnt to accept that what you can do one day you might not be able to do the day after. It's just a pleasant surprise when you have a good day 😂. I have to say temperature plays a big part in stiffness, when I went to Benidorm the other week my knee felt great and well lubricated if that makes sense. Come home to this cold weather and it aches, throbs and is stiff 😢 

• Posted

Good question--I say the same thing to my husband--" why is my knee feeling tight and so stiff in the morning--and whenever I have been sitting with legs on floor  or even with my leg elevated on footstool??? I have never tried a heating pad or moist heat on it--perhaps I should give that a try...

I often take a elastic band and pull my knee up and stretch it while I am sitting--I figure the more bending it gets the better.  It still pains me quite a bit while sitting with legs on floor-and while pedaling on a bike too??

It does not seem as if I am progressing as far as that issue but hopefully in time it will go away--my Ortho Dr. who I just saw at my 8 week post op visit told me that he had a TKR in the past and it took him 2 years and a few months before he could walk down steps or a hill outside with no pain!

• Posted

Wow! I am 6 months out and after doing heel slides knee doesn’t stay loose lol it will tighten back up after a bit.  But still working on it. Best wishes to you for a great recovery smile we will all get there eventually 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.