Stiffness in the knee while walking 2 weeks after ACL reconstruction

Posted , 4 users are following.

Happy new year everyone! 

I had my ACL reconstruction surgery two weeks ago and just started to walk with one crutch, but while walking I experience significant knee stiffness. Did someone experience similar symptoms? Is it normall after two weeks to have this feeling?  Thank you so much!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

a graft is used in acl surgery and there's a lot of healing to take place. Plus you get pulled around quite a bit 

once the stiches have healed try gentle massage of the knee and leg using something like bio oil and alternate ice and heat. 

Let us know how you get on smile 

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your plight - probably a silly question but what procedure is acl ? HNY anyway JudeJude
  • Posted

Ps have just googled it and found out what you have had done grasping at straws was rather hoping ACL procedure stood for artificial cartilage ligament - dream on !!?? Back to the TREMADOL  HNY Jude 
    • Posted

yes it was just Anterior Cruciate Ligament, but artificial cartilage ligament sound cool smile

• Posted

Hi beata 

I wouldn't walk around with one crutch for a while yet. I've used two and I still am at almost 6 weeks.

Welcome to the group and hope you find help and advice from everyone. We're all a nice bunch here

Christine TKR 5 weeks 6 days 

Happy New Year 

• Posted

I am also awaiting 2 ops on other knee. Ligament repairs ACL & LCL 

christine

• Posted

Thank you for your suggestion. I am using one crutch for now. Did you feel stiffness at your knee while walking?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.