Still a pain from ankle Fusion

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have written in the past that I had ankle pain from a second ankle Fusion that I had in September of 2017 my doctor never sent me to physical therapy the first one non-union. and so we had to go in and do a second one and I have done exactly what the doctor has told me to do no weight for 6 months I as I wrote before I gained a lot of weight just laying in bed now I'm up and walking around I'm in extreme foot pain I went to the doctor couple weeks ago and he said well your ankles all healed I guess if you have any more complications you can call me.

I apparently think that I need a second opinion I feel like I have a screw backing out on the inside of my right ankle and it's causing a lot of pain.

the doctor says it's just arthritis well I have arthritis throughout my whole foot why is it pinpointed there and only there that hurts so bad Physical Therapy he never even mentioned to me I just would like to know if someone could tell me what kind of exercises maybe that you're doing and physical therapy that I could try when I'm up and walking I do alright I hurt like heck but I'm limping but the minute I take weight off of it like sit down when I stand up again I'm in so much pain that I can hardly walk.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Buddy, I had ankle fusion on R ankle in October of 2016 and I've been complaining of similar pain since I came out of boot and twice I've been told it had fused, first time they xrayed it and said looks good.. fusing nicely and next visit same thing, whole time I'm telling them it's not right. 3rd time they say should be completely fused and send me 4 CT scan and when I seen surgeon after CT he tells me it's not, next visit I go 4 x-ray and when I see surgeon after he tells me good news, it's fused but I'm still getting just as much pain and I reminded him he said this before and CT showed it wasn't, so sends me 4 CT and don't even make back to his rooms and he meets me saying still not fused and soon I go for next appointment and pain just as bad (I'm 41yo, was quite fit and have always had massive pain tolerance and soon it will be two years and I'm no closer to an outcome or a plan even to fuse again or ???) I've also got infection which I've had a year at one of the screw sites that they removed a year ago hoping more impact would help the fusion..

They've ruined my life, made me a burden on my parents again at 40 as can't get disability pension as in Australia U almost have to lose a leg to get it unless for mental health issues which I know so many people which have lived there way onto it and I'm a genuine case and nothing..

I've had to ask parents for some of my inheritance which ain't very big as is to keep me afloat and this could go on another 2 years... I'm so close to snapping

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.