Still Aching!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone

I am almost 5 months post op after LTHR and am doing ok apart from when it comes to bedtime! Laying on the operated side is still mostly uncomfortable and when I wake up in the morning the operated hip aches. Have any other hippies experienced this problem?

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi David 

I,m a bit less than you , 3 months but yes i get the same , i can start off on that side but something makes me turn the other way and if i do wake up on that side I,m quite achey - i think its par for the course with these ops - i know i had the same after the other two but eventually it settled - cant say for sure when but about a year later I realised it wasnt an issue anymore ! 😀😀

• Posted

I found it took quite along time before it was nut sore at least 8 months from then only in short bursts.

Hope yours will get easier soon.

lorna

• Posted

hi david , 

I am not sure how to respond - I had 2 THR surgeries and sort of have trochanteritis in left, first post-op hip - this causes pain when I lie

on it - 

what kind of pain is it ? maybe your wound is still sensitive - a lot of healing needs to take place ...

how about sleeping on non-operated side with pillow between knees ? 

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi David,

Snap, I'm the same as you 5 months, left hip!

Which procedure did you have? Mine was the anterior approach although I don't know what difference it makes, but I have been able to sleep on my operated side for about a month.

I used a small pillow between the knees for about a month before that.

Keep persevering!

Gwen xx

• Posted

Yep - I now mostly sleep on my side - I am now 20 weeks since revision, 30 weeks since implant.

I have problems on both sides, not only the hip, sometimes my arms go dead when I lay on the side too.

I hated sleeping on my back for the 6 weeks, then for the second 6 week recovery again, but now I actually prefer it cry

Best wishes

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

Hi! I'm 8 weeks post op and I don't find it uncomfortable to sleep on either side..I do wake up sometimes with an achy hip (not all the time) I've had it on both sides new and old hip...just assumed it was the way I slept...it did go away after a few minutes...
  • Posted

And I don't know why this is happening but is anyone else getting stupid videos that pop up when your responding to a comment? I can't get them to go away and have to start all over cause it blocks what I'm writing!! So frustrating!!
    • Posted

No , not getting that but sometimes theres a huge delay between keyboard and letters / words appearing on screen - doesnt happen in any other apps etc , just this one ! Or my reply is wiped when I press the green reply button to post it so i have to start again . Things seem to work better on my iphone rather than my ipad for some reason. Graham may know - he,s an IT person ????
    • Posted

No - My Anti Virus (Kaspersky) blocks them - I just get an empty box saying ""Advertisement". 
    • Posted

I have that too, bini. ...so annoying. ..It takes forever, doesn't it ...

wishing you a good day tomorrow. ..

• Posted

Bini, I think it is an iPad issue as I lose posts too, due to "reloading". Very frustrating!
    • Posted

Yes! I'm getting that too! How to get rid of them? Thanks, Cindy
  • Posted

Hi David

I get this in the mornings too and think it's also because my pain relief has run out of steam.

Hope it's better very soon.

Jane

• Posted

Hi Bones

Am trying not to use painkillers; the cocodamol I was using affects my 'system' in other ways, so am struggling on regardlless. All the best David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.