Still Anxious in the mornings

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I'm posting here for reassurance more than anything but also to thank the posters here for their contributions, they really help me to understand what I'm going through and that I'm far from alone.

ive been on Cit for 5 weeks now, a week on 10mg and four weeks on 20mg, Its been a long road (or seemed that way) but I am starting to feel better. I've managed to keep working, sought out my amazing friends and my other half has been brilliant. The depression is starting to lift.

My problem is now the mornings - I'm still really anxious. I try to combat it with running but sometimes thats not possible and i have a very tough time, When will this be done with? I hate the tense doomy feeling arriving as soon as I wake up.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

hi yes i find mornings are worse for me as soon as i get out of bed. i feel my arms and legs are shaky. im hoping this is normal cause im only ten days in! still get anxious and would love a decent nights sleep!

• Posted

Hi

5 weeks is still pretty early days - took me 6 months to recover. During that time every morning was the worst but that wore off throughout the day and I felt really great by the evening. The next morning I'd go through the same process.

You’re still recovering and will continue to feel rubbish in the mornings for a while yet. You can’t get rid of it yet - it’ll do it in its own time.

Apparently its to do with your Cortisol levels which are highest in the mornings and lower throughout the day.

Despite how you feel in the morning it is not an indication how the rest of your day will be.

It will get better. You just need more time … much more time for your body to heal. Try and let it be for now and ride with it. It will go in its own time.

Treat it like Groundhog Day ... for now anyway. It'll go.

K x

• Posted

Same here. I wake up early filled with tension but it does get better through the day. I've just got to hang in as with previous experience it DOES get better.

• Posted

hi when is the best time to take mornings or evenings.? and are the shakes thats the only way i can describe them normal? any feedback is appreciated

• Posted

hi lynne. I take in the afternoon. You will find whats best for you as far as when to take. If you aren't able to sleep, switch it to mornings. Its really your preference. As far as the shakes, yes they will leave as your body adjusts. I had the shakes along with sweaty palms and feet. These do subside in time. Give it time. You are still early days, but can look forward to feeling better.

• Posted

hi neil the mornings were the worst for me with nausea as well as the anxiety but it is the last to go im afraid . You sound if u r doing really well for 5 weeks in so stick at it the running is great but dont beat yourself if u cant do it 1 morning . think of all the mornings u have been able to do a run .

• Posted

thanks Michelle. Gradually i am mending but anxiety is the pits. ! Feel like the world's ending some mornings.

• Posted

i know it does mine come out of nowhere due to belated grief panic attacks etc but feeling good lately . You will get there i down loaded an end anxiety app and listened to it endlessly . i also tried to make my last thought at night thinking of how i would like the next day to be like and went to sleep thinking that thought . sounds stupid but it does work

• Posted

Hey Michelle

I had nausea for the first few days as well, I'm on 20mg for 4 weeks. Now the nausea has returned for the last couple of days is that something you experienced as well per chance?

• Posted

hi

mine was constant for about 9 weeks but it went if i have a blip i can get the nausea back for a few days . It does get easier as time goes on its not very nice when u r going through it but u will get better

• Posted

hi neil the mornings were the worst for me with nausea as well as the anxiety but it is the last to go im afraid . You sound if u r doing really well for 5 weeks in so stick at it the running is great but dont beat yourself if u cant do it 1 morning . think of all the mornings u have been able to do a run .

• Posted

i have been on them for seven days now. i suffer from anxiety and depresstion. i was so scared didnt now what happening to me. i cant sleep at night wake with anxiety and shakes. so im not alone. i was loseing my mind

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.