STILL AWAITING DECISION OVER 2 MONTHS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys,

I am just after abit advice on whether anyone has been in a similar situation,

I was awarded PIP in June 2015 - June 2017 I then received a PIP form to fill out in May of this year, I filled this out and returned it, (my condition has not improved if anything deteriorated) I then received an awared letter in Aug, saying iv been awarded for the period of Aug 2016 - Aug 2026.

In Sept I was asked to attend a F2F assessment which I attended and discussed my condition with the HP, this was done early sept, I have had 1 letter saying they have all the evidence and will make a decision, I have heard nothing since.

I can't understand what division is being made given I was sent out an award letter in Aug.

Has anyone else been in this situation before?

Any advice would be greatly appreciate,

Cheers.

Kev

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kevin do you mind me asking, how old are you and are you physically disabled to the point of not being able to walk, I'm thinking you are because of the 10 year award.

Does seem strange but do do have a couple of ideas

• Posted

Hi

I'm over 60 and yes physically disabled, not to the point I can't walk but I find it difficult.

• Posted

I would have thought that a ten year award would have meant you cannot walk, I was awarded 3 years and can't walk, so I was thinking maybe some one had reported you for what ever reason they do it, have you asked the question, I would have as there needs to be a good reason to keep changing the goal posts.

• Posted

Surely if someone had reported Kevin he would have seen a DWP fraud investigator instead of a Health Care Professional?

The strange thing about this claim is it jumped from the minimum 2 year award to the maximum 10 year on reassessment. Of course Kev's condition could have got a lot worse over the past 12 months or so but we would be talking a very serious deterioration in order to warrant such a change of tack.

• Posted

Don't know how DWP deal with reports so can't comment, just thought it could be a reason, I agree to go from 2 to 10 is a major leap and then to be reassessed so soon.

Mind boggles, suppose it all depends really on the health issues in question.

No law DWP cannot question there own staffs decisions is there, these are not written in stone.

Maybe he knew the assessor, just trying to find a reason, like a mystery you need all the clues.

• Posted

I don't understand it myself, I am rather confused, I definetly didn't know the assessor, lol

I have been told they have had more medical evidence and that I may need to have another assessment!

I dont understand what's going on!

• Posted

OK I think I have sussed it, 10 years is maximum you can be given in one go.

OK so originally you were given 2 years which is the time given to someone who has a disability that can improve, so you must have told them something that lead them to believe whatever you have will probably not improve and would be slowly degenerative, is something like motor neurons or some such disease, now maybe because they have done there homework and found that for some reason the medical evidence doesn't add up then they need to reassess you again.

This is probably bull #### LOL but its more fun for me than just starring out the windows

• Posted

That is certainly a working theory Alex and would fit the little information we have. 

Further it would be reasonable to also throw in the possiblity that the DWP have made a mistake.

• Posted

Do you claim ESA? If you do are you sure it wasn't a ESA assessment and not a PIP one? These assessments are very similar, although the criteria is different. If you don't then someone may have reported you like Alexandria said. If it was me i'd ring them to find out.

• Posted

OK I need to ask what your claim was based on for you to be awarded 10 years, maybe the information that was originally sent in isn't being backed up with recent medical records

• Posted

I agree with you. What i don't understand is why did they send an award notice out in August then send for an assessment in September? Doesn't make sense unless someone reported.

• Posted

Hi Kev, strange you had a long award then, 10yrs, and stranger you had it before a f2f. 
  • Posted

Hi kev, still thinking about situation and i think they have messed up. They sent an award letter to you giving, and now, after assessment, could be (hope not ) they take it away. I had a text from them once whilst i was waiting tribunal date.after MR. Saying "we have decided you are entitled to PIP and letter explaining on the way in 2 weeks. After 2 weeks of waiting, no letter. Rang them and their reply was, tribunal cant be very long now and they have changed their minds and are going for that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.