Still bits of white on tongue after brushing

Posted , 4 users are following.

After I’ve finished brushing my tongue I’ve noticed  there are still parts of my tongue that are white. Most of the white stuff goes away but some of it remains. I’ve tried scraping my tongue before, brushing with salt and brushing with baking soda but the white stuff remains. Why is this? 

The pictures below were taken at the same time, one with flash and one without flash, after I brushed my tongue.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have excactly the same in my tongue for like almost two years now and so far I have'nt found a doctor that knows wtf that is or is willing to find out, they say its normal but we know it wasnt like that before. I hope we can find a solution for this problem. Pls let me know if you get any info about it, I'll do the same, thanks

• Posted

Can anyone say somethimg about this ? I wonder why the other reply got deleted ?
  • Posted

Hi david, do you have any information about what could that be ? Im having the same problem and Im desperate, the doctors havent found the answer and my tongue keeps getting worse. If you know something pls tell me, as soon as I know something I will share it immediately. Thanks a lot
    • Posted

Hey George, I went to the GP and he said it may be that my tongue has bacteria on it and recommended I use Corsodyl for a week and come back to him. I used it for two weeks and I don’t think it has helped so I’ll be going back to him on Monday.
    • Posted

Hi david, my results came back negative but my tongue looks the same. How about you ? Any news ?
    • Posted

Hi david, how are you doing ? I wanted to tell you that all my tests results came back negative again, still dealing with the same issue.

• Posted

thanks for your response, I went to the dr on thursday and he did a culture on the tongue , looking for mycoplasma, fungal infeccion and another thing I couldnt write down. This dr is good but dont like to talk. Im waiting for the results. As soon as I get them I will tell you, we have the same s**t on the tongue. Thanks and pls keep me informed I will do the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.