Still can't lift anything

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm now 4 months after what the doctor called a very challenging operation , I have had a full hysterectomy due to 2 large cysts a ruptured ovary and both Fallopian tubes being blocked . They said I had endermetroses for years . I am having really bad hot sweats at night still , even thou I'm on HRT. My pain problem is I still can't lift more than a pint without getting pain straight away this is very annoying is anyone else still getting pain while lifting? I'm also still not driving as I have pain while traveling in a car , I do carry a cushion over my tummy which helps but I thought I would be better than I am by now . My doctor has told me 6 months because of my challenging operation but I feel I should be back running by now . I am managing to walk up to 4 miles but no other exercise yet .Has anyone got any advise on how I can improve please ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Sarah,

Sorry you're dealing with this.  The doctor gave you good advice, but perhaps you could think of it as 6 months minimum. Recovery from surgery depends upon a lot of factors that we can't always control.  

Sometimes it does take longer, and by stressing yourself out because you can't perform certain activities, you're only being harder on yourself.  And, by pushing yourself to engage in physical activity that your body isn't ready for you're actually postponing your recovery and making it more difficult.  Your insides need a chance to heal and knit together. 

Believe me, once you are completely healed your body will bounce back once you begin to exercise again gradually.

Best of luck to you, and let me know how you get on! xxx

• Posted

How many weeks/months are you ? Do you find lifting hard work? I just feel like I am on my own with this and feel like it's taking forever to recover . I have only just found this web site . Thankyou for your advise .

• Posted

Hi, Sarah,

Please bear in mind that I'm 68 in March of this year.  I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer and had surgery in July of 2016.  I had a hysterectomy with removal of my ovaries, fallopian tubes and adjacent lymph nodes.  The good news was that I didn't require further treatment.  

But I did take some medication for about three weeks starting in late August.  I stopped taking it--then it took me the rest of the year to recover.  So, I would think 6 months at the most if you were in good health before the surgery.  

This is a fantastic site, so you'll get lots of comfort and good practical information.  The ladies on here are wonderful.

If you have difficulty lifting things, then your body's telling you "don't do this." I was told not to lift anything heavier than a milk carton for 8 weeks after my surgery.  And, my surgery was relatively uncomplicated.  

So, try to be kind to yourself, and let your body set the pace....

xx 

• Posted

Hi Lynda. I am 64 and had TAH by bikini cut in December. No problems although it was a large benign tumour. Discharged from hospital at end of January. Now trying to get back in to things but my stomach is objecting. If I do 'too much' I look and feel as if I am 7 months pregnant. Even to feeling as if something is moving in there. Is this what I have heard called 'swelly belly' ? Did you suffer from this?

• Posted

Hi, I'm soon to turn 68. I had my hysterectomy in July of 2016 in a robotic assisted lap procedure.  Besides my uterus, my fallopian tubes and ovaries were also removed, due to endometrial cancer.  I was staged at 1a, so that's good.

I'm not sure that what's happening to you is the swelly belly, especially not if it feels as though something is moving inside.  I would suggest that you get in touch with your gyn and make sure that nothing untoward is happening.  

Please let me know how you get on! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.