Still cant eat properly and its getting me down

Posted , 5 users are following.

Op on the 20th april. Im pretty much pain free now and sleeping better.

Made the mistake of eating chicken salad early on in recovery so have been sticking to plain toast for breakfast, chicken and mushroom soup for lunch and dinner. However its not enough to sustain me so im literally exhausted.

So had fish the other night which made me feel very sick. In fact if i eat anything other than soup i feel really rough. Last 2 days suffered with nausea and indigestion which is starting to lift but im still only on soup and im starving.

Ive read that its probably my body getting use to having no gallbladder but no one told me i wouldnt be able to eat. In fact i was told i could eat normally apart from diary products!

I so want a bacon sandwich 😢

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have a problem with diarrea when i overeat or something I shouldn't and also get an ache where gallbladder was do you get that pain , not been sick. 
    • Posted

Yea i get a bit achy. But its feeling sick i cant handle
  • Posted

Hi paddy girl the nausea is awful and very debilitating. A lot of people get it for a short time after the op either a few days or weeks at most. I didn't get it until 6 weeks after and it's only easing off now nearly 5 months post op. Like you I was eating soup all the time and then couldn't stomach anymore of it. I've been sticking to a plain Tina sandwich with no butter and low fat mayonnaise and a banana or a plain chicken sandwich with low fat Mayo and no butter. Also if your nausea is bad plain crackers fill you up and rich tea biscuits. Also keep away from the bacon for now but you can get Turkey rashers which are lovely on a sandwich with low fat Mayo! You could also try plain mash potato and a little gravy with plain chicken. I also purree carrots and parsnip and carrots and turnips to get the veg into me. If your getting nausea and indigestion just be careful what you eat for now until it subsides. Take care xx
  • Posted

I havent had food issues thankfully but the first day and a half i avoided solids and drank a lot of vitamin water. Kept my strength up. Also had a lot of 0% fat greek yogurt which helped fill my tummy. If you want to try eating certain meats again i would say make sure to have something high fibre first and then eat it so it doesnt sit in your stomach as long. Also magnesium supplements really do help with the heavier foods
  • Posted

Hi!  Yes we're all told we'll be able to eat after gall bladder removal, but it just isn't the case! You've just got to play it by ear, and stick to a very bland and low fat diet.  I got mine done 6 months ago, and am still having to stick to a very limited diet.  When did you have your opperation? things will improve (so i keep being told)  but it all takes time and patience.  Take care.  Val.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.