Still chasing answers!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. I have posted on several other forums on here as I'm yet to get a concrete diagnosis as to what is causing my pain.

It started 13 weeks ago with stomach and chest pain. I had blood tests, ECG and a chest xray which were clear. I left A&E with a diagnosis of stomach ulcer.

The stomach pain subsided but the chest pain got worse and started in my back too. Another trip to A&E and bloods and chest xray again all clear. Was told it could be costochondritis.

Ive had full blood count, crp, tests for glandular fever, specific bowel tests and pancreatitis bloods... The last being done in November and were all clear.

My back is painful every single day all day without fail... Like a burning dull ache. My right hip hurts when walking and when I stop after walking, my lower back is stiff and painful in the morning. My knees and elbows hurt too.

The last doc I saw mentioned fibromyalgia but stopped there.

Does it sound like it could be fibro? I don't really suffer from chronic tiredness, I do find I need to nap in the early afternoon every day then I find it difficult to get to sleep at night.

My main concern is the back pain which constant with hardly any let up at all.. I suffer health anxiety and get myself so worried about cancer. Any helpful words or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, sorry for the long post!!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma

Reading your post is like reading my own ...i have exactly same thing but didn't get as many tests as went to GP instead of A&E. Same results though, mine is worse at night cant sleep on my sides only my back ...i do get a few days without the pain and it sometimes stays away for about a weak but when i get it, it's hell on earth. I also get neck pain, arm pain and shoulder pain too ...I also have anxiety. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in this ...Mine stomach and chest pain started last year.

Hope this helps you feel a bit less anxious xx

• Posted

Hi Emma I was wondering if anybody had tested your hips for osteoarthritis? it sounds a lot like the pain I have suffered through this. Good luck with a diagnosis.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply Katie, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this awful time too. I hope you can get some answers too!

• Posted

Hi Gill. No, no doctor has ever even mentioned arthritis of any sort. I just feel like I get fobbed off every time I see a doctor if I'm honest

• Posted

Chronic pain and anxiety can be triggered by various things e.g. we know to look out for pain following trauma. Medication can also be a trigger so think back over the 6 months before these pains and other symptoms started to see if you had any prescriptions for anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.