Still Confused?!?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone! Ive posted on here several times before regarding concerns i have had regarding my Pancreas. I finally got a doctor to do an EUS on me ,however the results have left me just as confused as before. i have attached images of the report which indicates changes in the Pancreas but also states no indication of chronic pancreatitis. . Furthermore, when i point blank asked the doctor if i had it he said the changes were not significant enough to say I have it. I guess im confused because i was under the impression any changes in the pancreas along with pain mean you have chronic pancreatitis? imageimage

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Did the Celiac plexus block lessen your pain?

• Posted

It seems like they are waiting to see if there's a response to know if the pancreas is the source of the pain or not.

• Posted

Not that i can tell? Its still tender but they biopsied a few spots so maybe thats why?

• Posted

I just went through something similar back in August. I was diagnosed with acute Pancreatitis and got the EUS. I had similar results. I was in pain and was terrified I was getting chronic. I had to go back to the ER a few more times over the next month cause of the pain, they ended up not showing any increase lipase levels and they ruled it out as chronic Gastritis. Basically identical symptoms and hard to identify. Stay away from acidic foods and fruit for a week, go full alkaline and see if that helps. It took me 4 months but I eventually got over it with an alkaline diet after 3 months and low fat diet. Also try an H2 blocker or proton pump inhibitor acid reducer like nexium or carafate if the doctor recommends it.

Good luck, hope you recover well

• Posted

Did you also have hypererchoic strands show up on the EUS? Im just wondering if this is basically the beginning phases of Chronic Pancreatitis...... in other words is CP inevitable?

• Posted

Did you know they were going to do a biopsy of the pancreas when they did the EUS? Do they always biopsy during an EUS?

• Posted

Im not really sure why they said that as a recommendation ? They did not take a biopsy. Did you ever figure out if yours was for sure CP? Im still in limbo. Took those results to another GI to see if she could give me more insight and she said shes almost certain I do not have it because the straining is so minimal and some stranding can be a part of the aging process. (although I am still hesitant to believe that as I still have unexplained pain).

• Posted

I'm still figuring things out. I did a trial of digestive enzymes and it seemed to help, going to start another one and see if it also helps. Hard to know for sure, nothing is conclusive for me yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.