still coughing 6 months later

Posted , 4 users are following.

i stopped amlodipine 6 months ago because i had such a terrible dry cough. it's faded a lot but i still have days when i heave because i'm coughing so much and it still catches me out of the blue. is it normal to take this long for the cough to go? (i would check with the doctor but have been trying to make an appointment for a fortnight with no luck!)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

We have the same in our practice, we can get a phone consultation, but struggle to get a face to face appointment. It's not good, but use NHS 24 hrs if your worried, Some people have persisted cough, but try simple linctus, have to watch taking medication with any blood pressure medication......

• Edited

I am researching all I can on this medicine. My husband has been taking the Amlidipine Besylate 10 mg for some time and developed a severe cough to a point of almost coughing fits. Can not breath when he has them to almost passing out. It isnt all day they are just out of the blue.. Please let me know what you find out. His doctor said to stop taking it for a bit to see if any change in the cough but to monitor the blood pressure.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.