still don't feel great after 3 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on fluoxetine for 3 months now, and still feel kind of flat, my anxiety is a bit better but i just don't seem to have any get up and go. Do i need to give it a bit longer to work or do i need my dose upping? It worries me to think of upping the dose as i don't want the side effects to hit me again! I'm at the doctors again tomorrow but was just after a bit of advice of what i should do?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm in the same boat right now. I will be at 12 weeks tomorrow and was hoping for a little better results. But I'm going to hang in there. I have had 2 in creases from 20 to 30 to 40 mg. I'll see what my Dr. says when I see him in a few weeks

• Posted

I'm on 20 mg at the mo, and didn't want to increase unless i really have to. Did you get any side effects when upping your dose?

• Posted

thanks for replying, so worried about upping the dose but also fed up of feeling like this!! fingers crossed we're both feeling better soon 🤞🤞

• Posted

Hi lindsey,

Wondering how you are doing now? are you feeling better?

I am at 12 weeks now. My energy is low and my mood also but the anxiety is ok. I really hope it will get better.

Kind regards

• Posted

Hi bella, i'm much better than i was!! Its been 6 months now for me, and i went up to 30mg from 20mg 4 weeks ago, maybe i shouldn't have waited so long to increase my dose but i worry about everything so i think i put myself off lol, my anxiety is at an all time low and my mood has improved loads, but its been very up and down! and these tablets seem to take forever, or they have for me anyway! hopefully you won't have to wait as long xxx

• Posted

Hi Lindsey,

I am so happy for you, good to hear! I am also on 30 mg. 20 was really not enough. I hope my mood stabalizes. Good luck!

• Posted

hi lindsey, how are you after the increase? im 13 weeks on 20mg. My anxiety is better but I'm still low in mood and no motivation to do anything. My doctor wants me to increase to 30mg. Did you get any side effects from increasing to 30mg and did it help?

• Posted

Hi kay, i was the same with no motivation to do anything, and when i finally upped my dose they made me feel so tired for the first couple of weeks it made me think i'd done the wrong thing with increasing them, but the tiredness has gone and i'm feeling so much better in myself, i'm just hoping this continues now. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.