Still experiencing pain 6 weeks after hysterectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

I wonder if someone can give me some advice please.

I had a complete laparascopic hysterectomy 6 weeks ago. I had started to feel better but i think i have maybe over done it.

I had alot of pain pre surgery and ended up going into hospital a week before my surgery.

I now have alot of pain around my tummy and my back. I have pain on bending and generally uncomfortable. Is this normal 6 weeks after surgery. I am concerned how much longer I should be off work, as my job involves me standing all day.

Many thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello eve

I had tvh in January and there was no way i couldgo back to work at 6 weeks.

Even though i had no.pain or any issues i know how libg it takes for internal healing.

It takes 12 wks for scar tisdue to form. Any earlier and your putying too much pressure on your pelvic floor if your standing all day.

• Posted

Hello eve

I had tvh in January and there was no way i couldgo back to work at 6 weeks.

Even though i had no.pain or any issues i know how libg it takes for internal healing.

It takes 12 wks for scar tisdue to form. Any earlier and your putying too much pressure on your pelvic floor if your standing all day.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.