Still feel horrible 7 weeks post Lap VMR

Posted , 4 users are following.

Must say I'm panicing that

something's not right.

Having so much pain in my bladder and what feels like a swollen vagina. I went to the consultant to tell him my worries and he sent me for a MRI scan. The next day I ended up in A&E because the pain was so bad. They knocked me out with morphine and gave me antibiotics for a urine infection and sent me home.

Still awaiting news of MRI scan. Got more antibiotics from my GP to make sure the infection clears up but still feel so bad! Help!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margarete, I am sorry that you are suffering so  much. I had mesh VMRectopexy 4 months ago and I also had a MRI because I had lot of pressure in my butt, like the old pressure feeling from the prolapse. They send you to MRI in order to check if there is any problem with the mesh. Did you have mesh? I don't have pain now, but some days still feel pressure and sometimes the defecation is worse than others. My surgeon said that it is an easy surgery but it needs a lot of time to heal completely up to a year. 

It is a good sign they sent you to MRI. Lets see what it shows, what did your surgeon tell you about the pain? Do you still have pressure or incomplete defecation? It is very important not to strain in the BM, but I guess your surgeon has given you proper instructions.

Lots of hugs! Praying for you... xx

• Posted

Hi Hijadeonagr

Thanks for your reply it's good to contact someone who has been through this.

My pain is more in my vagina and bladder. It feels like the rectocele is still there and my bladders on fire. Take movocol twice a day so no straining. Maybe it needs more time .Yes I do have mesh.

• Posted

Do you mind if I ask how old are you? My doctor prescribed me vagifem 2 times a week vaginally in order to strengthen and thick the vaginal tissue.
    • Posted

Hello

I'm 62 and yes been using vagifem for years. Although it feels a bit scary using it at the moment when it's so sore.

• Posted

ive been told its an easy op but recovery time can be lengthy .i had an infection the pain was terrible on times like a stabbing pain just inside but everything seemed to rite itself now .i was impatient i expected everything to be mended and back to normal very quick but thats not always the case .speedy recovery
  • Posted

Margaret’s it is very important that you continue using Vagifem daily then. It is very important for your vaginal tissue and it will avoid extrusion of the mesh. What were your symptoms that led you to the rectopexy? Hugs!!!
    • Posted

Hello

For six months leading up to the Rectopexy I had a lot of pain in my vagina. Could feel the poo pushing the rectocele down and getting stuck. I had enterocele and bowel going inside out. So couldn't walk without a lot of pain.

• Posted

Almost the same symptoms that I had. I had the enterocele, rectocele and internal rectal prolapse. I had a proctogram some weeks ago and the rectocele is still there. Have you notice improvement in your symptoms at least? Are you on painkillers? When the pain is unbearable they prescribe Tramadol, have you tried it? 
    • Posted

Hello

No I Havent been given Tramadol. Been trying to cope with Paracetimol naproxen and 1ml of oxicodon at night.

Been in so much pain ended up going to casualty last week. They did a CT scan. To look for kidney stones and at my bladder but didn't fine anything. I'm beginning to think my problem may be nuralogical. I read that when you have mesh implanted you can suffer from

Post prolapse surgery Neuropathy and it can cause chronic pain. Going to have to pay yet another £150 to see the consultant. Think I may need to be referred to the pain clinic for help.

• Posted

hi there just wondering how its all going for you now> im 7 weeks post op and i get bloating all the time and stomach cramps and feel swollen down stairs like i can feel my vagina all the tie wondering id=f this is normal and if it will go away 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.