Still feel rough

Posted , 4 users are following.

my doctors up my tabs to 40mg been on it a week now and still feel rough won't go too far only round where I lived anyone could help please xx

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi Michelle,

it is a slow process for our body to get best benefit from the Fluoxetine, it takes many weeks sad to say and the improvement is so gradual that you wont feel it all in one go, but when it has kicked in from roughly 6-7 weeks onwards you should feel so much better. And do'nt worry about going too far from home just now, in a few weeks you will feel much more confident in being out and about. I had 8 weeks of 20mgs and now 6 weeks approx of 40 mgs and generally I'm doing so much better, I feel well enough to leave the house for the whole day without panicing now, so please be gentle and patient with yourself, you are doing fine! cheesygrin

• Posted

Oh thank you hope feel very sick and tried all the time but it's hard I got a 5 year to look after x
    • Posted

it can't be easy having a youngster to cope with on top of everything else, though maybe easier during the week if they go to school, and do'nt be afraid to ask your parents or other family and friends to help you through this tough spell Michelle, a problem shared is a problem halved, good luck with everything. You will find lots of helpful advice on here from other mums in a similair position to yours so you are not alone with your thoughts, it's a great place to let of steam and get advice, best wishes x
    • Posted

Thank you  yes my mum helps me in the week with the school run and my so called best friend didn't understand what I am going through so we don't talk any more but I got other friends who understand thank god xx
    • Posted

Mental illness sucks also because people avoid talking about, are afraid of showing your real feelings. I'm sure some people disliked me because I was being so anti-social during my crisis. But I also had some courage to tell some friends that I was going through depression, and they either understood and were sensible or tried to not talk about the subject.
  • Posted

Hey michelle

Sorry to hear youre feeling so cr@p :-( it really does take time you cant rush it. Around 6-8 weeks is often the time people start to feel better, it was with me.

They say vit b supplements and high dose omega3 help, funnily enough I only started taking them wk 5 but maybe just coincidence. The only other main thing you can do to help yourself is some kind of exercise, outdoors if possible maybe 20 min brisk walj a day (scientifically proven to help depress ion/anxiety). At times I literally dragged myself out (sometimes with coat over pjs! ) but always felt a bit better afterwards.

You find out who your friends are with this illness, people generally dont understand it or think you should snap out of it. Im not sure I understood the physical as well as psychological impact until I became ill. Your true friends will shine through believe me.

Hope youre over the worst quickly but if you expect a quick fix you will likely be frustrated and disappointed. Take it slow, be kind to yourself and dont expect too much too soon.

Wishing you all the best

Vix

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.