still feel terrible 7 weeks into reducing my dose from 40 to 20

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all can anyone please help me and reassure me out this vicious circle I'm in that's driving me insane. I'm into week 7 of reducing citalophram from 40 to 20 and I'm getting side effects of feeling not in my body kind of light headed stoned feeling and I keep getting cold shivers right threw my body I've been like it for like 6 days now can anyone else relate to this?? if so how long does it last it's driving me mad I feel slightly drunk all the time or stoned ha or could this be signs of something else I don't no what to think I just want it to go away before I crack up 😭😭😭

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi gemma im on day 8 and on 10 mg just feel rotten keep feelin my face burnin and not eating feel total crap if im honest
  • Posted

Gemma

It's definitely the Citalopram. Sounds like withdrawal. 40mg to 20mg is easy too big of a reduction. Tapering should be much slower than this.

Alex

• Posted

Hi gemma. Alex is right. Ur reducing way too fast. I'm also reducing off Cit and been advised to reduce by 5 mg's every 2 weeks by my Dr and over a month by a fellow user. I have also had withdrawal side effects and they really suck. But I plan on pushing forward.

• Posted

Hi John

What withdrawals have you had even though you've been reducing by a really small dose. Are they as bad as the side effects when you started?

• Posted

hi John what kind of withdrawals have you had and I'm on week 7 shud i really still be feeling like this??

• Posted

Hi Gerry and Gem. I have gone through diff withdrawal side effects. Sore stomach, sweats, brain buzzing, insomnia, yawns. And prolly more that I cant think of right now. Lol. I exercise a lot and I'm convinced that helps. Prefer to do it outside but we have snkow now so thats ciming to a halt. Feeling better a little at a time so that has to be a plus in itself. The brain buzzing has to be the worst. Gonna even try yoga!!!! Lol. Hang in there as i'm sure its gonna get better!!!!

• Posted

I'm curious about this brain buzzing, is it more like a whooshing and is it constant or comes and goes?

• Posted

Hi Gerry. Its pretty constant. Usually on my leftside. Hate the feeling but I'm told its withdrawal. Hopefully it stops soon

• Posted

my doctor has done this just put me straight to 20 from 40 do you think it would be a good idea to ring my doctor back tomorrow??
    • Posted

Hi Gemma

I had 3 weeks on 10mg and am on 4th week of 20mg. The side effects are wicked! If I get increased again I'm going to have to do it by 5's. There is no way I could cope going straight up to 40mg.

I would definitely ring gp tomorrow !

• Posted

Oh sorry Gemma, got citalopram brain mush! Totally misread that.

On the other hand I would still decrease far more slowly that that it's too big a leap!

• Posted

Hi Gemma. U have to reduce slowly off this med. i've beenntold by a lady named Katecogs that she reduced by 5 mg's a month. I'm gonna take her advice cause she knows what she's talking about. My Doc goes by the "good book". I prefer listening to experience. Seek her out and ask her advice.

• Posted

oh I'm defiantly with you there that's y I like this site listening to real life experiences not by the book where so I find this person please as is like to reach out to her xx

• Posted

Hi again G. I have no idea how to reach out to someone specific on this site. She does post on here often. I will try and find her and send her a message.
    • Posted

I have sent her a PM. Hopefully she knows how to get in touch with you. She is an absolute walking encyclopedia on these meds!!!!!
    • Posted

I can't thank you enough for going out your way and doing that fingers crossed she'll get in touch hope your journey is sauces fill and you feel well soon best wishes in life John x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.