Still feel tired after two weeks is this normal with shingles

Posted , 6 users are following.

Nearly two weeks now and still have no energy sleep a lot am a pensioner so does age make it harder to fight it

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan,

Im so sorry to hear you have fallen to the Shingles virus , and i know exactly how you feel.

Tiredness - exhaustion even, is normal with, and after Shingles im afraid - and if course being older wont help matters - but there is light at the end if the tunnel, it does get easier, but by my experience you will have to be patient and fight for the return of your energy.

What is most important during your recovery is to look after yourself - if you are tired then rest, sleep when you can and when you want to - eat well and as healthily as you can, make sure you keep yourself well hydrated.

You need to concentrate on re building your Immune system as the Shingles virus will knock the stuffing out if you and it - so Vit supplements will help Vit B and C especially.

Contact your Drs surgery and tell them how low you are feeling, they may suggest going in for B12 injections, and also be able to offer other suggestions to aid your recovery.

I hope this has helped Susan, Im not a Physician, but I am a fellow sufferer, and like many others on this site I have been where you are, and I know exactly how you feel.

Concentrate on looking after yourself , you will get back to feeling more normal, its just going to take time - all the very best to you x

• Posted

Thank u for reply helps to know this is normal to feel this way my doctor is very good and keeps checking me as i also have copd. says it is stress that brought this on as my husband has been in three different care homes in a year. I am taking metatone tonic recommended by pharmacist so hope will help soon x

• Posted

Hello again Susan,

its good to hear you have a sympathetic Dr, they are few and far between so hang on to him haha - the Metatone is full of goodness so should help a great deal -,but as I said rest and sleep are very important at this time - - all the very best to you - Barbara x****

• Posted

Dear Susan,

So very sorry you have fallen to this nasty virus! It is very normal to feel tired..,,, sometimes for a very long time.

I don't want to sound like " Debbie Downer" but it has been 3 years since I had a prolonged case of shingles. Frankly,I have never felt quite the same since. Some days are better than others but I just know that I am not the same person. I am a nurse by profession; retired now. i had NO idea what this could do to a person during or afterward. All I can say is take very good care of yourself to regain your health and strength. Plenty of rest, healthy diet, vitamins and avoid stress if possible. All the best to you in your recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.