Still feel unwell after Helicobacter Pylori Treatment

Posted , 107 users are following.

Hi,

I had symptoms for about 2 months, nausea and upper abdominal gwaning feeling, plus appetite affected and had waves in the day feeling generally unwell , I think it was brought on due to a stressful situation. I went to the doctors and tested positive for helicobacter pylori. I have completed the 7 day treatment (Triple Therapy.) I was on 400mg Metronidazole 3 times a day, Amoxicillin 500mg 3 times a day and Omeprazole 2 times a day. I've been off the medication for about 11 days. I have waves of extreme tiredness, abit sickly feeling, sick upper abdominal feeling, tounge doesn't look right, been given thrush treatment for this. And also I have waves of soreness and swelling feeling in the upper stomach. I have lost a bit of weight, a few pounds. I have been off work for a month in total and am wondering if I will ever get my health back?

I take probiotic tablets, Manuka honey, peppermint tea, abit of yoga, walking, plain foods. But admittedly at times I do feel a little bit destressed when I have waves of not feeling so good. Everyday is a battle at the moment. Plus when I go to the loo, last week my stools were acidic, this week a slight improvement, but not normal. The doctor just said they can retest in another 3 weeks. But sometimes I feel so ill.

Any advice in a positive way forward?

6 likes, 418 replies

418 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i just finished my 10 days of pylori treatment with pylera

its been 2 weeks and im still feeling so sick some days are better than others but generally im nauseous lack of appetite even though i feel hungry , loose frequent stools and anxiety

how long till you felt better ?

• Posted

Hi,

I have tested positive for h pylori. My symptoms are mild chest pressure radiating to the back. The backpain is severe sometimes and there is also shortness of breath. I have started the treatment since yesterday but I have palpitations which make it very uncomfortable and body shaking. I have been miserable since a week and every day feels like a battle with this !

• Posted

Hi all,

Fellow h pylori victim here.

On my second round of antibiotics as the first lot didnt clear it.

2.5 months in, still feeling dreadful, gnawing pains and bouts of overwhelming nausea.

Can anyone say how long it took them to recover back to normal once the infection was cleared? I need some light at the end of the tunnel please!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.