Still Feeling bad 6 weeks after having a transcervical resection of my fibroid is this right

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm new to this so here goes😊 I had a transcervical resection on the 23rd of Dec 2014 and I'm still feeling rough already had one period which was awful and now in pain on my second period. My stomach is so bloated all the time still and not sure if it's my bowel or the surgery what's caused it? Oh and I'm do tires bit then again I do have fibromyalgia and low ferritin so think it's a mixture? How long does it really take to benefit from the surgery?? 😢

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

A good diet helps. I have fibroids but since Ive changed my diet Ive felt better. I have cut out red meat and diary and eat plenty of green veg and lentils. I have also started taking milk thistle which has helped a lot with the constipation.
    • Posted

I was ok apart from periods before I had it removed but now it's been removed my belly feels like it's gonna explode lol. I don't think I'm constipated I go daily it's just the pain in lower belly and in the groin area too. I must admit I was on slimming world before but since xmas I've got back to comfort eating😔 I still eat veg fruit.
  • Posted

Hello Sharon,

I hope you are feeling better and your symptoms have cleared up now.

I was wondering if you could tell me about the type and size of fibroids you had, how long you were in hospital and why you decided on this procedure.

I have recently been diagnosed with fibroids, largest 7cm and interactivity. My doctor suggested a hysterectomy but I am a single working mother and don't want to be out of action for a long period of time. I am trying to decide between UAE or TCRF.

Any information or advice would be welcome.

• Posted

Hi. Well I went for my post op appointment last week and my orginal dr says they only removed 1.5mm from the submuscal fibroid which he says on the scan shows at 4cm. When I came out of surgery a different surgeon did the op cos my original Dr was not available, he said that they couldn't remove it all because it was a lot bigger than was shown on scan??? I was spose to have the coil fitted but he said there were no room?? I have still got symptoms so no better than before I had resection I'm now on waiting list for a hysterectomy. I asked the surgeon if the pain I'm having is the fibroid but he says doubt it? My family Dr says it's all down to the fibroid pushing down on my cervix cos she says it's very low??
  • Posted

Thanks for the info Sharon. I am sorry to hear that your procedure didn't give you the desired results. It's terrible that they're only telling you now that they weren't able to remove enough of the fibroid.

I am worried as I have been experiencing a lot of pressure and tenderness in my lower abdomen this week (along with a lot of other symptoms that are making me feel miserable), not sure if that means the fibroids have grown larger. Trying to see if I can find a suitable alternative to hysterectomy that will give me relief. I will take your experience into account.

Thanks again

• Posted

I'm due on period anytime and I'm getting pressure and pain already. I'm just fed up of being like this now been complaining bout my periods since I was in my late 20s all I kept getting was its uh age not to worry lol. I'm now 43 had my family don't want to cope anymore with it want my life back now. Not working at mo so ill be ok to recover with the help of my partner the other choice was another recection which if they only took a small amount last time how many times wud I have to go through it. Hope you decide the right thing for you we are all different. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.