Still feeling rotten

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm feeling depressed after a nasty business problem earlier this year, and it is getting worse.

I think I'm suffering form business burnout, which triggered the depression. I am just about able to take care of myself, but can't manage much else at the moment, and after being so confident and ambitious before this new me is almost unbearable. I've also lost a lot of fitness, and am not pursuing my hobbies as I did before.

I've tried various medications, and am now trying to use natural remedies like st johns wort, 5hpt and valerian.

I got such a buzz out of my business, and I miss it terribly.

I would like to do it all again, but I'm not sure if it will stress me further or put me back on the path to happiness. It is a fairly high risk industry, but with good rewards and satisfaction, also it is all I really know.

My brain is only running at about 50% at the moment as well, which I'm not sure if it is due to the meds I was on, the burnout or sleeping problems.

I may have been a bit addicted to my business, but I was happy. I have been trying to find other outlets for my creativity, but have found nothing yet.

I've had bad luck with doctors, none have been helpful, but I have an appintment with a fresh one next week.

Can anyone relate to this or give advice about starting again, or advise about business burnout in particular and how to 'bounce back'?

Rodders

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello again discuss all with your GP, He will refer you to a specilist, generally a CPN.

who will educate you on coping skills

• Posted

Hi Rodders, I hope you get on better with your next appointment.

Though I haven't had my own business, my career was quite demanding and I defiantly used it to deflect from and ignore my MH issues. Eventually I just broke and had

to stop working.

Now I am feeling a little better on meds (i.e. not 24 /7 suicidal!!) I really miss the excitement and responsibility of my old job. However I know I have to get me 100% better first. And that's a bitter pill to swallow for sure. In the meantime I feel pretty useless and am in financial difficulties.

This is an illness like any other and we can't magic it away.

Good luck an keep posting.

Dee ??

• Posted

Hi Dee

Thanks, it seems we have similar issues. I'm not suicidal, but I'm very low and not myself.

Would you mind telling me what you were diagnosed (depression or a deeper underlying problem?), and what meds are working for you?

I hope you are better soon and back to work

Best wishes

Rodders

• Posted

My depression is Reactive and I suffer rapid mood changes where I can jump on a penny. Now been a pensioner I do not have any real outside source that turn me and make me jump. My wife deals with those outside sources to keep me calm

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.