Still get swelling 10 months on

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies

I had a vaginal hysterectomy with a bladder and bowel repair last April.. Had 16 weeks off work as recovery took longer than expected.. changed my job so i look after my health better but still getting swollen abdomen when i do normal activities like cleaning and washing.. I have been working hard to lose weight but cannot control this swelling and it makes clothes very uncomfortable.. Has anyone else had the same issue and any ideas how to stop it happening?

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

  • Posted

    hi tina, i had a front and back repair a year ago and have had quite a few bowel complications. i get a swelled stomach when my bowels don't empty properly or trapped wind? it could be something like this??

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Karen

      Thanks for the response.

      I have noticed that my bowel movements seem to be less frequent just lately so maybe it could be related.. I have been getting twinges this morning though and not sure if i had done too much pulling and stretching with housework yesterday and this morning.. I thought i had stopped worrying about it all going wrong but dont think it will ever go away.. as soon as there is an issue i go into panic mode as i really dont want to go through it all again..

      Who would be a woman lol x

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      I will not Hoover even now.. I'm afraid to do any stretching and lifting too mych9 as I know it can prolaose even after such a short time.

      I had my first repair and I did nothing for 6 weejs9 but it failed after 2 weejs9.

      These repairs are not a cure as they only have a life of 10 years maxx

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Tina

    I'm a year out from tvh and anterior repair.

    I had swollen tummy for about 6 months due to all the trauma our body goes through in there during surgery but not at 10 months.

    Everyone is different do this can be quite normal but if you get pain and it cont I would go back to my consultant and ask him what it could be. They are the best be ause they wont really know what it can be due to not being specialised in gynacoology

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up