Still getting no closer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Try and make this as quick as possible, i have been having constipation for over a year Senna tablets are not helping, been having a pain under right hand side for a while now which is now spreading from below my right rib down to the bottom of my stomach.

I am having problems urinating but had a ct scan on my kidneys and blood tests all fine, had a liver ultrasound which came back fine(I used to be a heavy drinker)

now getting problems all over my stomach from shart pains all over. I had a colonoscopy 8 months ago which came back fine, Surely if there was anything major it would have shown up in that?

I might ask for another colonoscopy as my stool changes color from light brown to dark brown and comes out in all different shapes.

Anyone had any of these issues, getting to the end of my teather.

Tests so far.

Liver ultrasound and blood test.

CT scan and blood tests

Colonoscopy

Endoscopy

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You'll find lots of us with these issues! Mine is down to food intollerance although I am having a colonoscopy I hope just go be sure xx 

My main culprits are dairy, wheat, onions, legumes and nuts. If I eat dairy I feel like my ribs are swelling, the others cause lower pain and hard intestines, nausea and tummy ache x try taking one at a time out if your diet for a few week xx

• Posted

Constipation is bad bad because that could be the reason for all those pains . You should try metamucil or yogi tea bags "GET REGULAR" they are great for keeping you regular. Are you drinking enough water? You need to get plenty of fiber and water in your diet.
  • Posted

G,Day tambdy i eat a few Prunes after Tea each night and go first thing in the Morning you can Buy pitted prunes without the sead they work better that tablets and is very gentle on your Gut good Luck and Please let me know how you get on Ok Thanks good Luck PRUNES ASAP ?
  • Posted

Constipation, yes I have had this.

Colonoscopy show only the colon.

Endoscopy show down to stomach area.

Constipation can be associated with stomach, small intestine as well as colon.

For your bowels to move you need enough water to soften stool.

Exercise help with stool.

Most important is diet, fiber.

Taking senna frequently is not the best descision because it can affect the walls of colon and make them lazy.

What food in your experiences have made you go?

For me prunes cooked in a small amount of water first thing in the morning.

I try to eat 5 in the morning uncooked cut up and then cooked in my oatmeal. I can't even taste them.

To get things started ,in case your stool is hard, you may need an enema. 

They sell prepared enemas over the counter or you can do your own.

Hope things return to normal for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.