Still getting side effects 15 weeks in

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I've been on 10mg for about 15 weeks now after being on them for several years, stopping for a week and restarting on 5 then 7.5 for weeks leading up to it . I've had some good days when I've thought I turned the corner only to be knocked back down again. I'm still getting moments of dizziness, muzzy head, headaches, aching back of neck and aching shoulder, joint stiffness, anxiety, restless legs, brain zaps, tinnitus, weird dreams, insomnia, feeling the need to sit down before I fall down at times - my God the list goes on. I have to make an appointment with my doctor for a medication review next week, I don't know whether to come off citalopram and try something else. I take a diuretic too for border line blood pressure. Bloods done six months ago were normal, sodium, potassium etc. I am beginning to wonder whether citalopram is always going to make me feel like this. I never had these problems before I stopped taking it. Are all of these symptons normal? I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

it will be because you stopped and started, im 8 months on a massive reduced dose and still not stable, so many symptoms, just be careful what you decide as any further dose changes will only rock the boat, im stuck on this dose until i improve, also meds can react differently after stopping, i was always ok on mirtazapine, started it a third time and ended up convulsing and had to stop xx

• Posted

GET OFF IT NOW. Sorry to be the one to ruin your day I was on it for 21 days, 10 days in got massive headache and tinitus . I got off it, took 2 months for headache to go away, 14 months later still have tinitus. Do you own online research tinnitus from celexa does not go away, its not Otoxicity in ear. It changes way brains percieves nerons firing and such creating the sound in your head.

My tinnitus goes down once and awhile but its always there. GP Doctors only know so much about anti-depressants. Seek out Pyschisatrist.

• Posted

Thanks guys

I'll see what my doctor says although I don't think there will be much point explaining everything to him, people here have a better understanding on how these meds work. I'll think it over😊

• Posted

Hi Lina, how you doing now?

• Posted

Hi Ruth

I've been on 7.5 for a couple of weeks now. My dizziness and muzzy head have gone and I feel better than I was. This happened almost straight away. I am sleeping better with no crazy dreams. I am less anxious because my symptoms are fewer. I am still getting aches and pains all over, tinnitus, but I don't know if the med has anything to do with that. I may go down to 5 in a couple of weeks if all goes well. How are you doing?

• Posted

Hey there Lina, am doing a lot better. Still get the occasional wobble but it's not enough to take me down these days. Sleeping better. Lots of this is due to acupuncture.... I kind of wish I had gone the acupuncture route before increasing meds but hey ho, we live and learn don't we?

I feel a lot more stable now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.