still have a slight ache after right ovarian dermoid cyst removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a 6cm right dermoid cyst removed in May laparoscopically pathology came back all clear. It was a unexpected finding when having a miscarriage. I am now 22 weeks pregnant and everything going well but I still have a slight ache on my right side the same side as the cyst removal. It's not a pain in which I need to take painkillers it comes & goes. Throughout my pregnancy at my scans I have got them to check my ovaries and all is well they are putting it down to scar tissue and pregnancy soon after op. But just wondering if anyone else still has some aching after dermoid cyst removal 6 months down the line?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey my lovely

I had a 11x10x10cm dermoid cyst and right ovary removal back in March this year! I still have aches in the area which people have said is like a phantom pain! I wouldn't worry too much but if the pain worsens seek help! Congratulations on your pregnancy .... Do you still have both ovaries if you don't mind me asking ?

Hope your ok other than this silly pain smile

Stacey xxxx

• Posted

Aw that's a relief to know other people have a niggly pain too. the pain is nothing major I think I'm just more aware after everything that's happened. Yes I still have both my ovaries x x x
    • Posted

Awww that's good at least your cyst didn't damage your ovary like it did mine ... My fertility has gone down to 50% now which obviously is a kick in the teeth for any woman but I'm starting to come to terms with it now ! Some times it's hard around newborn babies but I dunno think it's just part of life aye xxxx
    • Posted

Stay positive I know it's a different situation but my friend one of her Fallopian tubes removed and she has gone onto have two pregnancies it took a while each time but she now has 2 boys. Fingers crossed things happen for you soon x x x
    • Posted

It hard your right and that's why I'm glad I've got you guys on here to speak and rant my feelings too! I know it can happen and people do have kids but it's the negative part ... My then partner left me because he couldn't understand why I was so down and depressed about it ... I'm very anxious about things and worry about EVERYTHING ... Drives me crazy! Hope you've had a lovely Christmas btw xxxxx
    • Posted

Aw I'm sorry to hear that. I worry about everything too but I have learnt that life is too short for worrying its for living. It's easier said than done though x x x
    • Posted

Yeh I know buts it's hard to get that that get up and go! It drives me insane it's like I'm in a bubble and I can't get out of it! It's like I'm angry at myself I blame myself sad xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.