Still have glare and shadowy floaters after 2 years from surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

been on here several l times in last year and half. will my eyes ever clear up normal. still seeing wavy glare and shadows if black floaters

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janice - sorry it is still an issue. Have you had any follow up with your doctor? Some floaters disappear after surgery but some don't. I have a few but had them prior to surgery - so don't think they will go away but they dont seem to bother me.

• Posted

hi Sue.An2, yes many follow ups with the doctor that did my surgery etc. changed doctors . really like him . hes kind and humble. he says too risky to change them etc. everything is beautiful,i read anything i want to. hem clothes of dark colors. but with the glare and black shadows. I drive a little close to my home . Thank you for replying . i haven't checked back on here in couple of weeks . painter has been here!

• Posted

What type of IOL did you have implanted? Was it a monofocal or multifocal lens? I also have black floaters in my eye with a multifocal IOL but ironically they didn't start appearing until after I had a vitrectomy surgery in that eye...

I also have severe glare & halo symptoms and been dealing with them for 12 years now. I've pretty much adapted to them but still very annoyed by them (I find that with both eyes open the issues are more tolerable but when I close one eye its obviously more noticeable)

• Posted

hi gmag21 yes they are ReStor lens yes i do believe my sight will be as i say with wavy glare and black shadows . it is so annoying sad we paid $6000.00 for these. we were told by the doctor they were the best ??? i've changed doctors but theres nothing he can do. too risky! im sad u have to deal with the same problem also! thanks fir replying . i like the new doctor . he is very humble and kind ! the other one wasnt. i see everything beautiful and read anything i want to read . hem skirts and pants etc. just with the glare and black shadows.

• Posted

Hi Janice, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this situation. It's frustrating to not be able to see as clearly as we once did (needing glasses or not). I have a "gel blob" and floater that comes and go in my right eye. In my left eye I can sometimes see the edge of the lens implanted from cataract surgery completed about ten weeks ago (I received the Alcon AcrySofIQ). Sunglasses help when it's bright outside and mostly my brain ignores the vision flaw and adjusts. I also have visual snow, a condition not even on the radar of eye professionals (there is a FB support group). All of this is a lonely journey because friends and family can't see what we describe and assume all is well. The hopeful news is that research and technology continue to improve our chances of getting issues fixed. I think about the fact that before the '70's I would have lost the vision in my eyes. So I'm grateful for what they can do, but of course hope soon they can do more. I look in on this forum because I know people here understand. Sending you a cyber hug!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.