Still having bad headaches

Posted , 3 users are following.

Still having very bad headaches going on 7 weeks 16 years old I weigh 110 I checked my blood pressure it was 130/74 and my heart rate was 100. Is this good? I still have headaches every day but sometimes there just of and on sometimes there at the back of my head and sometimes there at the top or side but I have them everyday. Is this normal cause it's starting to worry me. Has anyone else went through this? I had one good day with just one headache which was manageable but today is not so good I feel like I'm at square one again I tired to go on a jog it went okay but this morning I regreted it. Is it normal to still have these headaches everyday? And is my blood pressure good for my age/size? They can be very bad sometimes and really intense and make me sick.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ravyn,

So sorry you have been going through such a tough time with these headaches, I think mono can affect people in so many different ways so it definitely sounds like it is connected. Of course do consult the doctor if unsure as always. Take heart that yes your blood pressure and heart rate sound normal, sometimes worry and anxiety can raise these things and it's totally understandable.

As for going for a jog, it's hard I know when you're used to being active, sometimes it can set you back if you try to do too much exercise when going through it - at this stage I would definitely say your best needs rest as a priority, but you will get back to those things that you enjoy again, you really will get there and get better I truly believe Ravyn - hang in there it can take time for some but you are young and that's a big advantage in recovering faster.

Take care and hoping these headaches ease off, defo see the doc though if unsure.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks 🙂. Just feel like I'm going to be like this forever and these headaches are not going to go away.

• Posted

It's totally understandable Ravyn, I would be the same as well. Just remember that how you are feeling right now is not how you are always going to feel - that this is temporary and the mono effects will pass over given time. Just coping with each day for now and resting and relieving stress as much as possible is all you can do - be kind to yourself and allow your mind to rest knowing that even though it feels bad now that you will get better. I truly believe that you WILL get better Ravyn, 100% I believe that knowing what I do about the virus from my own experience and more important trusting and believing in Jesus.

Take care and thinking of you

Craig

• Posted

Hi Ravyn,

It was a long time ago for me now it's hard to remember exactly, I don't remember headaches being one of my main symptoms but it's possible it may have bothered me as so much did with the virus. The glands in my neck definitely bothered me though. Still thinking about you and believing in your recovery, hang in there and hope you are feeling settled today.

Do you have any close family or friends that you can talk to about how you've been feeling? It's important to be able to talk about it too as I know it's very stressful to go through.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.