Still having chest and shoulder pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am so tired of my chest and shoulder hurting its not really shoulder but shoulder blade it feels like a muscle. I carry my 24 pound 12 month old on my left side but I just can't see how that is making it hurt. My grandmother seems to think that is why. Like I've said before, I've had ekgs, ultrasounds, X-rays, event monitors, holter monitor, lab work, stress test, echocardiogram... And they all show nothing they say it's anxiety and stress. I just wish I could get relief or an answer. I'm scared it's my heart and I'm gonna die from an heart attack at anytime. I'm 27 years old I really don't exercise but am always doing things around the house with my 5 kids!!!!! I just want to feel normal again and stop having these pains. Anyone else experiencing these symptoms?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

So you've had checks and the doctors have said you're fine, so you are fine! It couldn't possibly be your heart or they would have found something. You could possibly just have inflammed muscles. Has the doctors given and possible answer for these pains? You may have a trapped nerve.

Try getting a massage? Great stress reliever too! I really hope you calm down a bit from it. It's very easy to get panciky over any unsual pain but you're fine if the doctors say your fine.

Maybe see a therapist about this anxiety over your health?

• Posted

Thanks for the response, I have been to three heart doctors thinking they are missing something. I really haven't been so focused on my shoulder when I go to the cardiologist so I really don't say much to them about it. I've tried therapy but it's hard to even find time to go with five kids and three are at home all day with me. I just can't see that stress is causing stabbing pains in my chest and my shoulder blade to hurt like it does. I would love a message by the way lol. I keep thinking that four doctors are wrong about my heart. I'll say to myself Well maybe they are missing something on the test. Idk I just sit and worry about it then I start feeling like I can't breathe and start sweating. Then it escalates from there.

• Posted

I can understand that your anxiety is making you feel like the doctors are wrong, but they're really not. The tests would have definitely shown up with something if you had anything possibly wrong with your heart.

Also remember that it is just your anxiety that's making you think and feel these things.

Maybe try some meditation to calm you. You can find apps or some on YouTube. Do it every night before you sleep so it calms you.

And maybe, instead of forcing these feelings away and making them 10x. Keep saying to yourself "This is fine. This is normal. It's there but it's okay. This is just anxiety and will pass. It's nothing else but my anxious mind. I won't try to supress it but embrace it as just anxiety."

I always found that when I accepted it, it wasn't so strong.

I hope you find something to help you calm these thoughts and feelings soon! I wish you luck

• Posted

Ooh just read this and i wrote very similiar stuff. Excellent i agree with you. I rally think its a pinched nerve and it eill keep pinching until carryingnthe kids stops.
  • Posted

Its nothing with any organs so relax. You have had exams. Believe them. The pain could be pinched nerve/muscular you know. It happens with holding kids. I use to pinch my nerve a lot when my kids were little. It would pinch in my neck, sometimes back and shoot around the too of my chest. Went on a couple of years really wasnt even anxiety it was unjury. But it all went away. I would recommend going to a nail spa and getting a massage. The cost are very reasonable there. You deserve a nice message. Ten minute one and see how it feels. Grandma might be on to something dont dismiss her words. I will say what will help is half a cup of magnessium flakes from vitamin store in a basin (big pot of you dont have a basin) with warm water. Soak your feet for a half an hour. The magnessium flakes will calm your aching muscles and you and soft lovely feet. You will need thirty minutes to your self. You can do this in the bathroom and have a gate up to block the kids from coming in but they can see you and can see them. It is not your heart its not  not love. It is  not your heart.   If you can get a local teen to play with your kids for a bit go over to the nail salon for a ten minute massage. **You are human and five kids is hard and exhausting. It can play on anyones sanity at times. You Have a lot of anxiety no doubt but i cant tell if its enviornmentally (the chaos of kids and no time for yourself) related. Five kids can do that too haha. The stabbing pains is most likely a pinch nerve i really do remember getting that to be honest. I stopped picking up my kids so much after a while. She was around two in half and wasnt pleased but it did stop the pinching. You dont realize your moving all around whilst holding the kid and it does cause issues. You are so used to it you dont realize it. On a happy note hang in there in abiut four years from now they will all be old enough to occupy themselves for long enough soans that you will get your freedom back enough to take care of yourself. Its a quick span  of time. By the way you exercise holding kids all the time and running around and cleaning a house and being a wife is more exercise then the average person on any day. Hang in there follow the tips i mentioned and know all this shall pass. 
    • Posted

I hope you are right it's like I keep trying to find out the problem. Maybe the little one will start walking soon and I won't have to be holding her so much. I do have generalized anxiety. I know that because of the racing heart and I get really nerves about EVERYTHING!!!!! In my control or not. I do take anxiety medicine that has helped but when I get a pain I totally freak out. Thanks for the reply

• Posted

You have to stop being so hard in yourself! Its hard work having five kids! I dont know but you should be awarded an afternoon off every few days. You are human love. You are one person. Even with anxiety shooting or stabbing pains is from holding those kids , i really went through that. I at some point got myself a soft neck brace it hurt so much. It all went away after i didnt have to carry anyone. It hurts. Objectively it screams pinched nerve. Your grandma knows what shes saying. Its your reaction to the pain that messing you up. You know here you are running ragged, holding kids, doing so damn much and im sure your tired and probably hungry and then You have the pinched nerve going on its very very very stressful and understandable. Happily its also temporary the little beauties will all grow up soon enough. You have to remind yourself of the reality here. How old is the youngest?  I think every woman who reads this and has kids sheds a tear reading this. You just cant see this objectively. You are one extremly busy woman please give yourself a break here. I dont think theres a medicine for pinched nerves you have to stop carrying kids. Only the ones that can not walk thats it. Anyone who can walk make them walk. Theyll adjust. Any chance you can use playpens, strollers whatever gadgets they have out there but you cant keep carrying kids. It hurts!
    • Posted

On the spot, Lisa. I used to cry with the pain when they were little. I had four............I did find that deep massage helped a lot. And I saw an osteopath as well.
  • Posted

Perhaps you could try a chiropractor? I went to one recently with pain in my chest/ribs and found out I had a misaligned rib and another one that was subluxed. Two visits and $140 later and they had popped everything back into place and I felt a little better. I can twist around like I used to be able to do and I can squat down without feeling like I'm going to fall over.

• Posted

I e been there too. Lol I've been everywhere wanting answers. The chiropractor said they couldn't see muscles in the X-ray. So idk. I was pregnant back to back for three years I know my bones and back are probably not right. Then I heard a story of a woman supposedly having a stroke for going to the chiropractor and it freaked me out.

• Posted

Definitely, when carrying large, older babies. And pushing buggies with shopping attached!

I am so glad that they're all grown up now. At least the ceaseless pain in my shoulder went away!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.