Still having derealization and depersonalization plus weird thoughts

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on fluoxetine 20mg for 7 weeks and my depression and anxiety have decreased. There are times where I don't even think about it and I'm laughing, smiling, and living. But still have an issue with depersonalization and derealization plus weird thoughts . I randomly think about it or pops in my head and stays with me for awhile til I can bounce back or don't think about it anymore. Is anyone dealing with this or have dealt with this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I can't help you because I have just started taking it but thank you so much for your words because it makes me as someone starting on this medication feel like I'm not inhuman or going strange always here should you need to talk x
    • Posted

I completely know how you feel. Anxiety is the master of trickery. Making you believe anything that pop in your head. Talking with others who deal with it is so much help. This medication does take time to balance. I'm on week 7 and still recovering. But it is also a life saver. So keep busy, don't over think, be with family and friends, and practice breathing, and don't let the negative (anxiety/depression/bad thoughts) blind you from the positive (happiness/love/life) there is always hope and ways to overcome. Your mind heals, your body heals, your soul heals. It just takes time.
    • Posted

Cannot wait to stick two fingers up to anxiety 🙌🏻.. We will all get there and your kind words are lovely and so reassuring so thank you so much! It was the constant headaches and worry over nothing and I mean I am usually a bubbly character but even going shopping other day couldn't wait to get in the car and just get home and that's not me at all. I'm back at the docs in 3 weeks as he wants to monitor my progression he is a lovely man and knows me better than I know myself. Just hope this works because going threw the symptoms of it getting used to your body is horrible. Lost my cousin of 10years to a brain tumour I wish I was brave enough to never go on this bloody medication and getting off it is so hard. Thank you so much for being here and I am always here for you too. Xx
  • Posted

How do you mean by depersonalisation etc? Can you be more specific as my girlfriend has been saying the same and even is doubting wanting our relationship. She's also on week 7
    • Posted

In my mind depersonalisation, is a felling of not being you, or here for that matter.... I feel sometimes I am going to wake up and i will be me again, back to normal, almost as though your in a glass box, and can't get out, you can't reach people, you don't want to be alone and yet you don't want the company either, you can't be bothered, but deep down you do not want to be like this, but this is who you are at the moment, and when you really think about hard enough it scares the living daylight out of you... That is my interpretation..... Hilary 
  • Posted

Hi i am experiencing the same on mirtazapine now after 11 weeks.

How are you doing now?

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.