Still having good and bad days whilst euthyroid and no medication

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone just wanted to ask that has any one on the forum who s euthyroid and not on any medication are still having good and bad days bcs with me I'm euthyroid now but I still get mixture of good and bad days with same symptoms I had them when I was diagnosed with graves disease last year my last blood test at the start of February were TSH 1.54 T4 15.5 range is 12to 22 antibodies were slightly elevated range is up to 50 mines were 55 any advice or is this normal bcs I still don't feel myself same like I was before. Thanks

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

samy ... i'm under the impression that it takes a while for everything to ' calm down '

and get back to normal.... my endo was not in the slightest bit interested in any of my symptoms ...and when he told me i was Euthyroid from my Graves' disease .. I said ... I Don't think so ... i still feel Hyper ...  he told me that would all calm down...in a short time.... I did not believe him ..  but slowly over a couple of weeks i did feel much better ... and after a month conserable more so...

thats when the supplements start to kick in and help with the restoring of many vital vitamins and minerals that being Hyper had depleted from my body.

try to be more  ' patient '  Samy .. but don't waste time either... get those supplements 

you need to become strong and focused again.... It's amazing how much they've helped me ... and so many others on this site.

Of course you will still have symptoms ...  but you will gradually start to see through

the tunnel and right out the other side...

Chin Up !

Luv Mx🌹

• Posted

Hi Madge thank u so much for ur reply I'm taking multivitamins I do believe it takes time but to be honest with u that's exactly I said to my endo last year in December when he discharged me that my symptoms are still there and after taking multivitamins I still get good and bad days r u still on medication ? I mean on carbimazole?

• Posted

no Samy i'm not still taking Carbimazole ...  thank God i don't need it .   as when i was told i was euthyroid .. i was told to stop it ... and i did so ..because i did not want to become Hypothyroid ... like so many others in my family .    in fact i would prefer to be slightly Hyper    than Hypo ...  unfortunately  tiredness comes with Hypo and Hyper .., and i hated the feeling of being , not tired , but completely exhausted ... by midday .  i don't feel like that anywhere .. but i don't do late nights anymore .. i just can't .

On the subject of vitamins   you say you take multi vitamins ..l do you take 

individual vitamins and minerals  and if so , which ines ? 

do you take ACIDOPHILUS  ?

80% of our immune system is in our Gut and it's important to take care of our immune systems with Graves' disease.

luv Mx🌹

• Posted

I take vitabiotics multivitamins plus vitamin d selenium and magnesium and Madge how long u were on carbimazole bcs i still font understand that whether I been under treated bcs who ever I spoken to they were on medication a bit longer I only had carbimazole for 5 weeks and I had goiter but no noudles thank God that's what I don't understand and what abt the antibodies where they should be I mean range bcs mines are 55 tested last month and range is 50

• Posted

I am not exactly where you are.  I still take a low dose of meds 2.5 mg 3x a week.  I was told my antibodies were not detectable and my levels are all in a good place so I am euthryoid as well.  Recently I had a dramatic drop in TSH from 1.5 to 0.79 during a time when I was experiencing a lot of stress at work so that is quite a trigger.  I credit where I got to in my recovery with testing for vitamin, mineral and amino acid deficiencies and adding those back in the form of  supplements, most of which (though not all) I still take.  I, like many or most hyperthyroid patients, have lost these important things from my body when I was running hyperthyroid.  I also credit the supplements to getting my antibodies down to where they are now.
    • Posted

Hi Linda thanks for ur reply I been off from carbimazole since august last year and I only had it for 5 weeks endo stopped it saying he did nt want me to become hypo my symptoms they were a little bit in a control but they never gone completely like I said good and bad days since then and I'm taking those supplements as well but still I get those symptoms on and off don't know what to do

• Posted

My Endo said I could stop my meds but knowing the work stresses I face, I did not feel comforable doing that.  I would rather take a very low dose as opposed to stopping altogether.  On this low dose, I have never gone hypo.
  • Posted

By the way Samy, though taking multivitamins is helpful, I found for myself that a one a day just wasn't going to do it for me.  Especially when I was vitamin D deficient and carnitine deficient and low on magnesium.  There are probably more I should add for my well being but those three were the most important for me to get tested for and replace when it was found I was deficient.

• Posted

I'm taking 1000ut vitamin d everyday plus selenium and magnesium

• Posted

You may benefit from getting your Total Carnitine and Free Carnitine levels tested as well.
    • Posted

I think I should ask my GP to get these tested for me
  • Posted

Hi Samy3....Apparently at present I'm euthyroid and not been on any meds since beginning Feb....but am still feeling slightly breathless especially after climbing stairs...but apart from this I feel fine

• Posted

Hi beryl I'm euthyroid since last year bcs I took carbimazole for 5 to 6 weeks only then my level cbecome normal but since then I feel symptoms on and off like some days I get bad pains in my leg muscles I can't sleep properly at night worst thing is woozy feeling in my head which went away but has came back and I get pain in my neck and ear where my thyroid was enlarged (goiter) how long u were on medication and did u have goiter?

• Posted

Recently I have developed gastric issue bcs I'm belching a lot even I eat normal but do loud burps a lot and get pain on left side of my ribs under my breast and sometime in breast and under my shoulder back too don't know what is this bcs these were those symptoms when I was diagnosed with graves disease my tsh and t4 are normal but y I still have these symptoms on and off

• Posted

I would ask your doc if it is possible that you have an H.Pylori infection.
    • Posted

That's what I was thinking Linda but u know there will be a day when I don't do burping a lot just normal no pain spoken to pharmacist today and he said it is bcs of thyroid bcs its all metabolism

• Posted

taking 40 billion Acidophilus every morning with breakfast has given me a brand new feeling i've never known before ... i no longer suffer from trapped wind and pain it has made my digestive system feel normal  ... and i can't see inside but know my immune system must be benefitting too.

mx🌹

• Posted

Been on medication since last july from 30mg to 5mg. ...but taken of carbimazole due to mouth ulcers in feb..no goiter

I'm amazed when I read lots of the people on this.forum are so knowledgeable about supplements and blood test results

I should ask more questions at the hospital but I didn't find consultant very helpful xx

• Posted

Same here beryl my consultant did nt help me either I researched a lot and plus people here on forum.helped me a lot too lucky u are that u did have goiter I had it and I still get pain in my thyroid area I was diagnosed same like u last year but I'm surprised even u were on medication for 8 months but in my case I was given carbimazole for 6 weeks then stopped completely

• Posted

Thanks Madge I will consult with my doctor abt taking acidophillius and will let u know see what they says I'm sure they will say oh we have no knowledge abt this or its got nothing to do with ur thyroid but I will try thanks a lot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.