Still having terrible withdrawal after 8 week? Any advice?

Posted , 5 users are following.

It has been 8 weeks since I took my last 100mg, after stepping down from 3600 to 100 over about 18 months. I was on the 3600 daily for four years before that. I am still having bad rebound spine pain, insomnia, anxiety so bad I can just about not stay in my skin, and terrible nausea. Now I do not have every symptom every day at this point, but on days like today I feel as bad as I ever did at the beginning of the withdrawal. Has anybody else experienced this? Any advice? Getting pretty desperate and ready to look for alternative diagnoses cause I still feel like I'm dying from this.

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Pam 5133

There are a few other 'withdrawal' threads running.  Have a look at those too. Have now been off just over 4 weeks and my symptoms continue - ibs, joint and muscle pain - which is why I came off in the first place.

• Posted

One thing I do know is that withdrawal safely is a very slow process....it may take some months even.  I'm going thru withdrawal from Gabapentin and klonopin....I feel better after 2 to 3 weeks but on some days I can still feel the withdrawal syndrome.......we have to hang in there....regards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.