Still Healing...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 11 Wms after my PRO. Back to working Full-time (on my feet all day). I am not taking meds during the day, but I am in so much pain at the end of the work day. Everything hurts, Lol, my knee & my back feels like I am carrying a truck on my back. So I have to take meds when I get home every evening.

I am able to bowl 3 games without pain. But I have a couple of questions...

I am wondering how long will I have to take meds at night?

And how long do most of you feel as though it takes b4 you feel as though you were healed after your surgery?

Thank you and I hope that you enjoy a Pain free night!!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am almost 9 months out now and can still feel my knee. Not terrible pain and im not on painkillers but if i stand for long periods i can still feel it. Also I cant walk indefinitely without feeling it. I think Ive heard a year to 18 months . Hope so. Not sure whether you said 11 weeks or months. If its weeks its still early days. I was still on painkillers until about 14 weeks. 

Did you have a partial knee op? Mine was TKR.

• Posted

Thanks John it's been 11wks and a PKR but a lot of damage tissue. Just ready to feel better is all.

Have a great day.

• Posted

Sure you will sassy. Early days. Im told walking in water is the best exercise. It certainly helped me,but I havnt done it in a few weeks. Got to get back to it.
  • Posted

Sassy, is this 11 weeks post op? I was still taking the occasional pain meds even during the day, especially if I was walking more. And it's important to still be icing. I'm not sure why the back pain unless you aren't walking normal. I'm surprised you are bowling, but I haven't actually tried, I just think bending my knees with the little twist I used to do was a little challenging...now I may have to give it a go. The healing is a long process and we all go through it differently. One year later I still had some pain, but found that my knee cap wasn't looking so great. So, until I have that taken care of, I will struggle a bit with hills and stairs; and I live in a two-storey home.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.