Still here and was for discharge yesterday

Posted , 8 users are following.

Didn't get out yesterday because bowels hadn't moved.

They moved last night and today then he asked me about highly pain in intestinal area. Tried to convince him it was wind but he asked for second opinion from bowel man who wants to keep me till tomorrow. Could have gone home for a few hours but not worth the 2 hour round trip. Patience again.xxx

3 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Amen to that, sister .....

does that mean that it is going smoothly now ???? 

and a good morning to ya"

• Posted

Still have that highly windy pain but as I've had four hours sleep then 2 more it is not major. Be glad to be home to sleep without interruption. Good morning to you too. Hope all is well.
    • Posted

do they have somethig like EX-LAX here in Europe ? I remember how that gave such relief - Not lady like and better when one is alone eek -

it can be so painful though ...are you in pain ?   maybe the laxative or something is causing it ...do you feel bloated .. sorry to carry on like this ... I am sure they have checked all that ...

• Posted

We have Movicolon here. It's given to everyone going in for ops that cause being still in beds for a while or at least less mobile for the first time.

It... Works. And possibly also not lady like. Or gentleman like. Anyway, it does work. Doesn't really help that the toilet is right next to the room's entrance, but hey, all of us were in the same boat!

Pharmacies carry it as welk btw, so any GP can prescribe it.

• Posted

Lactaluse here. Bloods fine stats fine. Got all clear. 2 extra days have done no harm. Increased my confidence in getting in out bed. Can't believe this day last week I was in a panic.

Have a great day Renee. You keep so many of us uplifted.

• Posted

Haha 😊

yes I am. 

Bit of a nuisance when buying clothes (or crutches), but other than that very doable 😉

• Posted

correction - it is not EX LAX (=laxative)  but GAS EX - eek

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.