Still in pain.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ben had 3 srictures removed on Nov 7th. Poor kid still has a lot of pain everytime he urinates . I have been using cortisone cream on tip and giving him antibiotics but not seeming to clear. No blood and does not self catheterise as special needs. I have noticed when putting the cream on when l pull the foreskin back the urethral tube inside is awfully red and inflammed. Anyone else still have burning to urinate after nearly 2 months?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Karen may I ask how old is Ben. And how did they remove them. You have to remember for 1it take 6 to 8 weeks or more and he had 3. I do feel sorry for him. I have one that has been giving me a problem may have to have it out.. I hope he feel better soon Ken
  • Posted

Ben is still having pain after nov 7th rigid cystoscopy and urethrotomy. Seen surgeon again and has to go back in on feb 25th for flexible cystoscopy to see why he is still having so much pain to urinate. Is really getting him down after over 5 months of pain. I feel so sorry for him everytime he goes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.