Still in pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi it's been 19 months now since I had my knee op. it feels worse now than it did before the op plus I am having the other knee done soon, my knee just feels like it's going to snap the pain some days is unbearable but you just get on with it I only had a partial but was told in a few years would need a total should I get other done as in a lot of pain with that knee then push for total on first knee any suggestions i could just cry with the pain

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

a friend had partials on both knees and ended up getting both replaced. I would have just gotten the total knee done. I had my right knee replaced 2 years ago and knew the left knee wasnt far behind. Left knee is scheduled for late May. Meanwhile a cortisone injection is helping till I get to May. I can't imagine why you would be in pain if it was replaced properly. In a cold environment my replaced knee hurts a little but its never much. SEE your Doctor. Best of luck.

• Posted

HI!

I Had partial three years ago this May . It is doing very good although I am careful that i dont overdo any strenous type of activity .

ie: exercise , carrying heavy things while going up and down stairs. ( have found all this out)

if i do it acts up , pain etc. So i take an inuprofen and seems to get back to normal. Ive had many say should have done total. maybe they right, who knows really. My recovery was much easier than what i read on here.

Even if it needs be redone down the road i feel for me it saved me that time from being laid up for months .

Not everyone can be out if work for months recovering .

Have you tried iceing ? That reslly helps .

Id try these things before id go right back into another replacement surgery .

Debbie

• Posted

hi Denise I had my tkr done june last year and like you im in more pain then before i’ve complained and complained to my doctor I have now seen a new surgeon who is going to try and sort it out for me my left knee also needs a total replacement which he has scheduled me in for this July because my right knee gave way on me last night I’ve now ended up with a massive bruise on my four arm bruised foot swollen knee lump to head and a bruised nose I look a right mess I’ve taken photographs to show him the next time I see him

• Posted

Mine is also 19 months and the pain has never stopped. working on the theory of nerve damage. Taking Gabapentin, but after 3 weeks, there's no relief. My new knee is twice the size of my good knee, so I think my body just won't accept it. Need my other knee done, but looking into the new robot surgery. Less evasive and faster healing.

• Posted

Hi Marilyn, just wondering what your doctor or surgeon said why your still in pain...I'm same as you but I've been told I need it done again as it's loose...it never stops paining...I'm angry that I'm expected to do it all again...do you really think your body won't accept it...we're you told that professionally? Just thinking could that be my problem...why would you have your 2n2nd knee done ?

• Posted

Hi Denise like you I had TKR last year...8 months ago now...in worse pain...was told my knee is loose....have you been to see your doctor or surgeon?? It should not be like that ...Rose

• Posted

get the first one sorted , there is something wrong you shouldnt be in pain still . I was advised not to bother getting a partial when it was suggested by another surgeon in my first knee .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.