Still in pain and bleeding again

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all Fissure Sufferers,

I had LIS  surgery about five weeks ago. I’m still in intense pain after every bowel movement for about five hours and yesterday I started bleeding again for the first time in six months. Has anyone else had this surgery and healed and how long did it take? I can’t live in pain like this much longer!! I had Botox and that did nothing at all! Then the LIS surgery 4 weeks later.  What makes it heal!!?? Any help Be appreciated

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have you had retogestic cream ? 

Laxido 

Sitz baths coconut oil and Epsom salts 

At its worse I pooped in a hot sitz bath with coconut oil / Epsom

Salts sounds horrid bit it really helped - I spent a lot of tome in water ! 

Water bottle , lots of water I also used proktis m suppositories 

Zapain 30/500

• Posted

Hi Natasha, 

Yes I tried all of that. Spent 6 hours a day in hot salt water there for a while! Rectogesic gives great headaches. Tried natural creams too. Nothing is great. 

• Posted

I’ve not had any surgery was meant to last December but decide to slog it 

I still use sitz bath now and laxido 

And have a little pain passing poop but it passes straight away 

Also got retogestic cream at home and use it at least 3 times a week - I

Feel

For you we’ve all

Had the pain it’s horrendous 

It’s a daily routine just to poop 

• Posted

You eating regularly as I

Made the mistake thinking if I did not eat I’ll not poop

And her whizz that was worse my colorectal dr states must eat and poop

Daily for it to heal but poop must be soft , watery helped 

Rectogesic twice a day lots of water and veggies , hot sits baths and strange Burt bees lip

Balm with peppermint helped strange feeling but it helped , 

Anything’s worth a try 

Hope something I’ve wrote helps 

• Posted

It took me a while before I was back to normal.

1st. I followed a very strict diet. I was careful not to eat anything that would constipate me.

2Nd. I did sits baths 3 times a day and after every BM.

3rd. After every BM I would make sure I cleaned myself thoroughly. I used none scented baby wipes and sometimes I would rinse with the shower head. If there is any residue in there it will irritate you so it's very important to keep it clean down there.

4th. I also used something I found online called Calmoseptine. That helped keep the wound clean and protected against any bacteria plus it has a soothing cream that helps with the swelling.

5th. I would take 250-300 mg of stool softener and sometimes with Miralax every night. The softer things are the better your chances of healing.

6th. Warm compreses. I was told that more blood circulation in the area promotes faster healing. And that's true about sitz baths too. Use warm water.

I would use Motrin for pain because strong pain killer will constipate you. I wouldn't recommend Epson salt because it's a wound and I think that the salt would burn you even more but I would recommend coconut oil. I used that with my sitzs baths and it helped.

I hope my recommendations help. It does take a while but eventually it Will get better. Its been a year since my surgery and I'm pretty much back to normal but I still watch what I eat.

• Posted

Thanks. I use coconut oil and salt in my baths. Going for 2nd round of Botox next week! 
  • Posted

Il keep posting OLIVE OIL..take tablespoons daily cook with it my partner suffered for 8 months lost weight scared to eat horrible pain..I searched other peoples pain n one person talked about olive oil!!! Now no more pain at all!!! 4 years later hasnt had any anything!! Im not making this up as I went through months of guilt as I was fine n could eat n sleep regularly..I would wakebup n find hes had no sleep from that damn analfissure. Olive oil couple months later I swear much better. Also almost standing to have a bowel movement is better for any sufferers..sitting regularly causes the anal canal to bend and will add to discomfort.
    • Posted

Hi Stacey, 

I use it in the bath. I’ll start eating more. Thanks. To be honest, if you told me to eat a  horse s**t sandwich, I’d give it a go at the moment! But I hate bread!! 🤪 I hate this pain. Glad your partner is better.  

• Posted

I made him drink it daily morning n night..will lubricate you over time giving your fissure healing time..im really serious about it..guy suffered for 9yrs wife made him try this..hes better as well..so I tried he's better..I see all the stuff in these rooms saying try this or that and still suffering..my partner try everything..even crying to hospital and they could do nothing..I hope u try sincerely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.