Still incontinent over 3 months after botox

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone here who ended up incontinent after botox find it took longer than 3 months for the botox to wear off ?

I had botox on 29th December 2017 and the surgeon confidently told me it would wear off after 2/3 months and continence would be restored .

I am still incontinent with no control at all and beginning to worry that I have some lasting damage

Anyone experience anything similar ???

Thanks 👍

PS To make matters worse the fissure hasn't healed 😕

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hun, I ha Botox for the second time in Oct and the fissure now has only just started to heal ( touch wood) so 5 months after botox so there is still hope for you yet.. The second time i had it did make it a little harder to hold anything and had a couple of embarrassing accident that my family still wont let me forget lol but it was more after i had taken dulcolax - never again! Botox affects can last longer in some people so i think you will start to to see some improvements this month especially with the incontinence - don't give up hope.. smile xxx 

• Posted

Thanks Hayley

Brilliant that your fissure is starting to heal

At my 2 month check up the surgeon was adamant that mine won't heal and that I won't be having more botox as I had had in his words "an adverse reaction " to it

I think the fissure has improved slightly but I have so many bowel movements a day it's not getting a proper chance

I am so looking forward to ditching the pull up incontinence pants !!!!

Hope you're now well on your way to recovery 🤞

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, I am in a similar situation, but I have only had one major accident and one minor one. The first time it happened it scared the s...t out of me - literally! I have tena pants and won't go out without them but as I told you before my consultant insisted that botox would start to wear off at 3 months and be completely gone by 6 months. Also my GP said that it can vary widely from person to person so stick in there. Mine is nearly 4 months now and there may be a little bit of feeling returning but I'm not sure, I daren't take any chances. Every trip outside takes meticulous planning and not much eating!!!! Good luck, I know what you're going through.

• Posted

Thanks Sue

Really good to hear that you are getting some feeling back

I dream of having a bum that works normally !

• Posted

Hi Jennifer. It might be wishful thinking that some slight feeling is returning. It would be sad if I'm just getting used to dealing with it as I am still far from leading a normal life🤔😕. Hope you get some good news soon. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.