Still low moods at 4 weeks (Citalopram)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve hit the 4 week mark on my 20 mg Citalopram medication and my anxiety and panic has deffanitly lowered but still not seeing or feeling an improve my in my mood is this normal at this stage ? And is it still early days? And pretty much still flat without the panic and anxiety any advice is appreciated!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

They reckon a good 4 to 6 weeks before an improvement everyone is different
  • Posted

Hi a lot of people will tell you to hang in there because certain drugs take time and that is fine, but also certain drugs do not suit everybody, i should know i have been on so many drugs i rattle ha, i suffer depression, anxiety , have panic attacks, moods swings , severe migraines and now been diagnosed with BDD, so there is not no drugs for mental health i have not been put on, the one you are on made me very ill but it could be ok for you, i am now on sertraline,only been 7 weeks but i still been all over the place, i really do not like take these, i do not feel myself at all, my head is numb , like i have no thoughts of my own, but i am a strong believer in alternative medicine , valerian ,talking therapy, but it is up to the individual, it is according what is causing the anxiety and depression, there is a reason, and talking about it is the first step and with counselling , and then if you need medication they will know, and you can combine the two, well i hope i have helped, good luck
  • Posted

Page after page has been written on such subjects I sugest you change your activities.
  • Posted

Hang in there, it took about weeks 8 for me to figure out if this was making me feel any better.  I did a combo meds and therapy + some mindfulness exercises.  It takes time but it’s steps forward. Good luck and sending positive energy towards you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.