Still no diagnosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just  wanted to explain my pain/discomfort. The pain hasn't been to the point where I'm doubled over.  However, It's enough  for me to notice and cause me discomfort or at times wake me up at night.

The best way to describe the pain is like a deep bruising inside my chest, back or stomach area. I never know where it's going to be each day though. Some days are better than others for me. 

The stomach makes gurgling sounds a lot, feels slight burning , sharp pain Or just general discomfort/ pressure. Sometimes it's pain just below my last rib on each side too.

The chest pain is on both the left center (sternum area) and right side and is sometimes sharp or just uncomfortable.   I know had a slew of tests that have been pretty normal for my heart, so I haven't pannicked to much with the chest pains. 

My side and back pains tend to be more like a dull ache. They are usually on both sides below my ribs and above my hips ( kind of that soft area). 

The back pain seems to be where my kidneys would be and it's on both sides. On a few occasions the pain can go to hip or pelvis.  I know the abdominal ultrasound  and CT scan was pretty much normal too, and looked at my kidneys , liver , lungs and Bowles. I also know the chest x-ray showed my lungs with no issues.

Tests done:

CT scan with contrast of abdomen and pelvis

Abdominal ultrasound

CBC blood panel

Metobolic blood panel

Upper GI series

Chest X-ray

Stress test for heart

EKG's ( numerous)

Urine samples

Don't know what tests are left or is this just anxiety!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like a stomach ulcer to me... thats all the symptoms i had when i had a stomach ulcer mostly the burning in my stomach
    • Posted

I wish it was- that's what they initially thought too. Upper GI and CT showed nothing 

• Posted

Seems like you have had a through work-up.  Anxiety can manifest in various parts of the body.  That is not at all unusual.  It can as it is with me manifest itself in the mind in the form of constant wherewith limited physical symptoms.  I have physical symptoms most stomach and GI track.  Anxiety is hrd to get  handle on.  I wish that I was a better at coping with my anxiety.

I was hospitalized once for depression and anxiety and I remember the doctor telling me that I masked my anxiety well.  I was taken back by this statement, but later came to understand that I actually was never allowed to demonstrate my anxiety as a child.  I have been anxious all of my life.  Never can I remember a time whenI have not been anxious.  Keep in there!

• Posted

u sound like u gt gerd from anxiety symptoms
    • Posted

I do have that but I don't think it would cause all these symptoms 

• Posted

Hi

I have GAD and have aches and pains everywhere. A lot of it is in my back neck and shoulders. I constantly feel tense. We hold a lot of tension in our back when anxious and if continuously anxious it puts a lot of strain on ur back neck and shoulders and also the surrounding muscles. Also you may have heartburn or gerd which is common in anxiety sufferers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.