Still no difference

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi again everyone. I am on day 12 of my increase from 5-10mg of my celexa. I feel no different. Is it not strong enough or just too Soon?Please help.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Patience is a virtue...take care...took me 8months to feel better on ten milligrams..
    • Posted

Hi lois, nice to meet you. I didn't have many side effects with going to the 10, that's probably half the reason I don't think I feel different, but i am going to just keep giving it the old college try. Thankyou so much for replying. I really appreciate it. Sometimes you just kinda feel all alone.

• Posted

Thank goodness your not having horrible side effects like I did...but i been on this Medication for 16months now ten milligrams...they work very slow...as in months not weeks or days...you Will feel better...I too was on 20 and it was too strong for me...
    • Posted

Hi Lois

Can I ask what you mean by 20 was to strong ? Did your side effects just not go away or was the 20 making you feel worse ?

Matt 

• Posted

Both . the side effects got worse and I just felt worse.ass soon as I was drop from 20 everything just started to.feel better..all though it took me 8months to fully say I feel better wow.thru those 8months I still had side effects.. some of them for me seem severe.not realising that it was also withdrawal from all the other ssri s.and a blood pressure medication the er gave me .I stuck to my ten and voila.here iam 98percent normal..
    • Posted

Hi Lois 

I see , I’m on 25mg and think I am slowly recovering, it’s nearly 5 months now , my maim side effect is that I’m always tired , never seem to wake up refreshed and still feel some anxiety and pretty low mood in the mornings but much better than I was in the beginning.

Matt 

• Posted

If that is what you are experiencing then the meds are working ...that's exactly how I felt very slow progress but Little tiny bits of inprovement slowly..some times not even noticing the improvements ...what ever you do don't up the dose stay on it even if you feel like is not happening.a bigger dose doesn't mean instant relief.till this day I have little blips /set backs but my phychiatrist and me refuse to up the dose just because I'm having a blip..and also I'm not taking no chance on getting of this Medication no way..I suffer for three decades with no meds..therapy ..cbt...and all the talk therapy did not work for me...never in a million years I would of thought that anxiety was causing my physical symptoms I was having without meds..take care and just fight ..see if your doctor will give you zanex..it is different than diazapam..only for those down moments zanex works.

• Posted

Hi Lois 

Do you think the extra 5mg is making me more tired then ? Why stay in 20 ? Doc wanted me to up to 40 but there’s no way I’m going to do that.

Matt 

• Posted

Only because we all race for a quick fix and if you only gave one dose it's share of stabilizing in your system than stay on one dose...is not like your allergic to it's ingredients.its just very slow working ...has your doctor explain what does a higher dose means to your system..?does it produce more serotonin ...is it the same as 10 20 40 etc..I know in the USA ten milligrams is enough even five..in the UK ten is a sub theraputic dose...regardless of the dose these meds are very strong...stick to your 25..you will feel better ...trust me you won't stay like that forever...you will be on here one day thinking wow I felt like that a while ago.now I'm fine...

• Posted

Thanks Lois , I’ll stick on 25, maybe one day we will all be med free 😁

• Posted

Probably too soon.  I think it can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks for dosage changes to be noticeable.

I've been taking 10mg for 3 months and now I find that most of my anxiety is stopped before it has a chance to get out of control.  However, I don't know if that's the old me who could squash anxiety quickly or if it's the medicine... sad

• Posted

Hi owen, it does make you wonder if its just you who just stopped thinking about the anxiety or it is in fact the pills. How's one to know the difference?

• Posted

The meds play a big roll in your recovery.first timers on Medication always wonder that...then they withdrawal only to get back on again..
    • Posted

dc - I guess the only way to know is to wean off the med and see how it goes after you've gotten over the withdrawal/discontinuation phase.

• Posted

Yes Russian roulette is the only way to know...
    • Posted

Oh I don't think i want to go through that 'll over again just to see if I maybe feel better. Like everyone says, two weeks really isn't long enough. I'm hanging in for awhile longer and hope it's not my imagination that I feel better. I know some days I do feel anxiety free, then another day, I'm wondering if I really am. It's such a quandary.😀

• Posted

dc - yes it is a quandary.  My [logical] brain just can't accept it when an anxious day hits for no reason at all [other than what I assume is the subconscious  part of my brain triggering the anxiety].

Good luck with the dosage increase - I do hope that 10mg is enough for you and works for the long term! smile

• Posted

Thanks Owen, we shall see.😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.