Still no idea

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been having abdominal pains since march this year.started with upper left abdomen pain and now it's litterely all over and my bowel movements are all over from watery to normal to solid.im worried sick it's cancer😢😢.

Tests I've had include 

Abdominal ultrasound 

Numerous blood test

Stool sample test 

All came back normal I'm at my wits end and like I said I'm dreading it's cancer 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jason

In same boat as you mate. Lots of abdominal pain no real answers yet. Something's I have learned though:

1. Strong pain meds like morphine and tramadol although stopped the pain for a while made it worse when off. Since coming off them for two weeks it's not as bad as it once was. I've since moved onto the paracetomol sashes from Tesco twice a day.

2. Ive stopped googling my own symptoms. This was just freaking me out and making me further depressed and my anxiety spike. I stick to this forum and talk to my gf when anxious. Hopefully you have a relative or someone in your life you can do the same.

Hang in there mate. I've had upper GI twice, bloods, stool, ultrasound and ph test and a CAT scan that's only just found inflmattion. So keep going and keep pushing for tests.

• Posted

Evening. Don't worry I'm in the same boat as you. Been suffering with abdo pain since April 2016. All tests done apart from a sehcat scan. Having this to ensure I don't have bile malabsorption. I've lost my tether with all the consultants and Still got no answers so don't worry about it.

• Posted

You realize if you had an abdominal ultrasound they would have saw a mass/tumor right? So why would you think you had cancer? Ultrasound on abdomen looks at stomach, pancreas, spleen, kidneys and liver. Not sure what other reassurance you need
    • Posted

Ultrasound cannot look into your bowels 
    • Posted

Actually in can that's why they do an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound. If there is anything suspected , they will do a Ct

• Posted

Plus you have had no blood in your stool from what I'm reading...,, the problem is that people self diagnose themselves. There is no factual evidence you have cancer 

• Posted

Sounds more like IBS if your tests have come back normal. I have IBS and I started with all over stomach pain that moved about and bowel habit change with on off nausea.  I was worried sick about all sorts of cancers including the pancreas because no one could help me for three and a half months and all my tests were clear.

Unintended weight loss and bleeding would be the symptoms to worry about.  If you don't have red flag symptoms like these, you can relax. Nasties like cancer show up on scans.  Normal tests is goid news for you.

Maybe a colonoscopy/endoscopy would put your mind at rest.  Try not to worry, it will make your symptoms worse.  Try a food diary to see if any foods are causing trouble.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.