still no results

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi its been almost 27 days since my ployectomy removel prosedure and not heard a thing even phoning the secrectory at the hospital.and gp.do you aoways get a letter of what they have found or not found.or if theres nothing to report the dont bother going mad.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would ask your primary care doctor or the hospital ombudsman intercede on your behalf.
  • Posted

Hi Shirley.  I don't know where you live, but whenever I have had a colonoscopy they have rang me within  two days to see how I am, I also have been given a print out of the procedure that I have been through.  Quite honestly, you need to make a complaint!!

• Posted

hi jane im in the uk birmingham.when i left the hospital i had a printout of the prosidure of what they have done and what needs doing eg a poplys needs to be removed as bleeding and large.it said on the bottom no CANCER FOUND but having the polys removed a week later at another hospital another print out saying sent for histolergy on the polypus eg a biopsy,like they do with all parts removed its that report im worried about if it was not good .am i being over worring.rang gp today had nothing back about that biopsy still .
    • Posted

Hi Shirley.  I have always had results back within a week.  All sounds a bit bizarre to me.  However, am not sure how complicated your situation is.  I I I am not a medic, so can't really comment on your situation.  I would keep pushing for a diagnosis.  Best of luck!

• Posted

Hi Shirley,

Can you not make an appointment with your own GP and ask them what you should do. Maybe they can ring the hospital for you? It's a long time for you to be left not knowing. 

• Posted

hi fiona ive done all that at the gps they rang the hospital and the secertery is on leave but it seems i must be back of the queqe.apparentley some people wait 6 weeks but if urgent they are informed within 2 weeks even so i still worryed and need to be told .
    • Posted

Hi Shirley,

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry. Often, no news is good news. If they've told you urgent cases get informed within 2 weeks, try and take some comfort from that. I know it's hard, seemingly endless waiting, and I really hope you get your diagnosis soon. I do think you have waited long enough really though, and I sympathise.  That said, the NHS is under such strain at the moment and for this reason, they may not be treating your case as urgent.

Please report back to us though, to let us know how you get on, and I hope it is good news. Take care. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.