Still no weight loss 4 months after quitting BHRT !!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

gained a massive amount of weight on bhrt 110 to 175 in 7-8 months .

i eat NO junk and very small meals .. i quit bhrt 4 months ago and i thought the weight would drop off ? i look like ive been blown up ! its not moving !!!

never been fat in my life .. nobody in my family is.

how long does it take to get out if system ??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori,

Welcome to the reality of getting older. Not sure if you are still having regular periods or not but as you get older your good estrogen estroil and estrodial is going bye bye and the bad estrogen ( estrone ) is increasing. That is the culprit for many women with weight gain and especially in the breasts and belly. I was thin my whole life too but into my 50's it was a whole new ballgame. I thought I was eating "right" too, and I wasn't losing a pound even being on the treadmill 5 days a week. The only way I could start to control it was to limit my carbs big time. Under 72 a day. Everything has carbs in it. Read the labels. Anything in a box with a bar code is typically high carbs. That Along with more excercise like belly stuff and arm weights has helped get it off and keep it off. Cardio is good but it don't really get that weight off. Now that your older if you want to keep "fit" you have to do some regular excercise, the kind that hurts to keep it off. Not fun or easy. Our metabolisms have changed and we process everything differently when we were young and vibrant. This has been my experience anyway. By the way, I"m 59, been on BHRT for almost 4 years and haven't had any problems with it causing weight gain. I started with creams and now on pellets. Did your BHRT have testosterone? That could have helped too. Just my thoughts.

• Posted

no its not im afraid .. it was the bhrt. to gain so much in such a short period of time . many women gain a lot of weight on bhrt .

yes my body was amazing 110lbs all lean and muscle. i have epstein barr too mono so eat very little and that also makes you very skinny. i cant work out yet as still sick but always lost weight when i dont exercise.

spoke to dr and im off everything ... she says definitely the bhrt ..... and yes even after quitting my periods are now back to normal every month. before bhrt they were sporadic so know its still in my system .

im sure it will just drop off once its out of my system and things get back to the way before i started.

• Posted

hi Lori, were you on pills, a patch or cream? Was this also compounded from your pharmacist and did they do a hormone saliva test before you were on BHRT ? or is this what is called P.E.T., the progesterone estrogen testosterone, pellets, they put in the buttocks under the skin ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.