Still no weight loss after stopping mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello all.

I was on mirtazapine for altogether 4 months (including taper). While on it I gained 60+ pounds.

problem is, I've been off it for 8 months and have yet to lose weight no matter exercising, diet etc.

its depressing and I hate it. Has anyone else had a problem losing weight after stopping mirtazapine?

I'm 5ft 2in and weighing at 270. about to turn 29 on Saturday. I've never been this big and its miserable

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i gained over 2stone on this drug. n had a massive gut, rock hard as well, thought it was never gonna shift.

just keep to your healthy eating regime and excercise it will begin to shift, it took me 6 months to loose the two stone i had gained, good luck, im 46 btw, your a lot younger so you'll might shift it quicker!!

• Posted

i was on this medication for 5 months and struggled to lose any weight and even gaining some despite following slimming world and losing 8 stone previously. I gained around a stone and had to come off them. I've been off them 8 weeks and im just beginning to lose again. Not as well as before but i'm just happy to be losing again. I hope you start to lose again too. I understand how you feel about being miserable about it especially since they are anti depressants .They actually made me feel worse

• Posted

they deffo made me feel worse about my body image, thus in turn gave me more anxiety and made me more depressed, the drug was actually good apart frome that side effect

• Posted

i definitely agree with this .It also made me have bad vivid dreams too when i did sleep that is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.