Still not great

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all been on sertraline for 6 months 4weeks on 200mg when will I feel well again still having some rubbish days GP very understanding and has added some diazapam also having CBT JUST FEELING LOST AND VERY TIRED MOST OF THE TIME 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Glad to hear you are having CBT  ... I think that is the really key to success.  The drugs usually just alleviate or mask the symptoms.  I think the ideal is to master the CBT and eventually come off the meds altogether.

CBT once learned and used regularly will last a lifetime.

• Posted

Hi Brenda 

200g and 6 months in I'm sorry you are still feeling ill, i hope you feel an improvement from where you were 6 months ago ? 

I suppose there are lots of things to take into account like the root cause of your illness sometimes things happen to us  in our lives that result in depression, OCD and anxiety that you simply can't change and you can only try and treat the symptoms. Also people respond to different drugs differently, I hope st least there is some improvement for you   Sounds like you are getting the he you deserve so hopefully it's just s case if still working through what's going to work well for you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.