Still not walking on my own 3 moths post peroneus brevis surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my surgery in April and was non weight bearing for over 8 weeks. Stated PT 2nd week of June. It’s been about 6 weeks and still can’t put full weight on my foot . Using cam boot and walker to get around my house. Lots of pain and really painful when I use a regular sneaker. So far I’m 25% weight bearing in PT on the anti gravity treadmill. Anyone else have a long rough recovery? I’m feeling like I may never get my foot back again. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi beck, i did have a different surgery achille but what ı understand from healing process is healing really takes time..this ı never use my foot sense occurs a lot , do not let it take down you, it wont happen if doctor didnt say so, there are lots of quickly healed videos on web that make many of us ask still cant so maybe i have a problem,  believe  that you will be fine..
    • Posted

Your right, I see or read about people that are far better than I am at this stage and I get discouraged. My doctor never really discussed the recovery with me . He only said that I would be fine in a few weeks. Had I been mentally prepared I probably wouldn’t be so discouraged.  Some days it feels better and I push a little harder, but the next day it’s throbbing again. 2 steps up then 1 step back. Thanks for your response. I’ll will remain as positive as I can. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.