Still painful

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone I am 8 weeks post op this Thursday..Am getting on great but leg still feels pretty weak I'm no crutches round house slight limp and crutches when I go out . I am trying to lie on my sides now but if I do this it is so painful in morning I'm finding still laying on my back is the best x I'm hoping to be back at work in 3 weeks time but not sure if leg is going to be strong enough !!! When do most hippies feel strong enough to return to work please xxany advise on helping hip to get stronger is much appreciated as well thanks lovelys xx

5 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think it depends entirely on your job. I took ill health retirement because I had been off so long and consultant said that going back to a physical job would be inadviseable (I worked with 2- 4 year olds, load of physical stuff and up and down off the floor 50 times a day).

I would quite happily have gone back to a sit down job at about 10 weeks but you still have to take things easy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.