Still really exhausted after coming off Rivaroxaban

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all - I was wondering if any of you were still feeling absolutely shattered after recovering from multiple PE and coming off the Rivaroxaban or other anticoagulants?

I was diagnosed last September with pneumonia, pleurisy and multiple bilateral PE. Spent 6 months on rivaroxaban and then was told by haematologist that my risk level was very low and so if I wanted I could come of the tablets. I chose to do so in April and so far no recurring symptoms apart from I absolutely shattered and eat for England to keep myself awake.

Has anyone else found this? Thanks. Sam

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

the rivoroxaban is very unlikely to be the cause. If worried speak to your GP, the list of causes for being tired all the time is almost endless and therefore difficult to determine here.

Best of luck,

J

• Posted

I am also tired and dizzy all the time but I'm on Aoixaban now after 6 months on Rivaroxaban for my PE. I have read that side effects of anticoagulation include anemia. It is worth being tested as anemia or a low red blood cell count will also have make you feel shattered. My red blood cell count is low so I have recently started taking vitamin C to help the absorption of Iron, eating iron rich foods. I have gone for vitamin C tablets combined with B vitamins as these are also good for red bllod cells.

• Posted

Saddle PE, almost ten months ago. I was on Warfarin. Can tell you I am exhausted all the time. I have no energy for anything. Super hyper sensitive to stress. Makes me feel half dead, weak, wobbly....I would have thought I'd feel normal by now. Everything i've read seems to say it's normal. But it seems excessive to me as well.

• Posted

Hi - I'm sorry you are feeling so terible. Just a quick update incase it helps you out. I'm now being investigated for blood pressure issues for my dizzyness. I still have clots in my lungs 9 months on and they think my heart may be working that bit harder all the time. you could have something similar.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.