still reducing

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys. What a help and support this site is. Thanks to all who contribute.

I have come down very slowly through 40 to 30, 30 to 20, 20 to 10 and now on 1/2 one day and 1/4 the next. Feeling much more alive and alert, even able to make a few plans after nearly a year of feeling like a zombie!

It is a real help to read what withdrawal effects people are experiencing and it gives me courage to keep it going. I have found the NHS Direct site very helpful on this too as it says 1 in 10 people experience dizziness, instability, etc, etc. The worst thing for me has been around my eyes - blurred vision and a sense of pressure plus a fizzy sort of sensation on the back of my tongue - yuk! Still nearly there now.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi poppy

i am reducing much quicker on my psych advise sad from 50 straight to 20mg. on 20mg for 7 days and then nothing for 3. starting to feel very head-achy and just dreading then next few days. have been on 20mg for 2 days and already feeling it. wish there were some shortcuts to avoid the withdrawl

monkey

• Posted

Hey, big brave decisions, i was on 20 mg for 8 months, must be well over a month, just went cold turkey, cant really say i had side affects coming off them, I wouldnt say im jumping with joy, far from it, but no different to when i was on them, mind u I had a traumatic personal time when 1st on them, all i can say is keep going , talk to gp whenever u need to , post on here and let us know how u r doing, good luck to both

ja

• Posted

Thanks for the response itsja and monkey. I think part of the problem has been - being in such a zombie state for about 8 months I have let my personal life sluip mand it means I have too much time for reflection - like disappearing up your own exhaust pipe! So any little shift in how I am feeling becomes magnified. As I begin to wake up from this hibernation I am starting to look out more and ask for support and make a few decisions. All good stuff but not always easy.

Best wishes to all.

• Posted

Hi Ja, I've been away in and out of hospital for a while but I'm glad to see you are much more positive than you were. I've reduced from 40 to 30 to 20 and am finding decisions easier to make. All the best to you, and to Poppy and Monkey, there is an old saying that 'Time heals all wounds\". I wish you both the time to reflect on what is good in your life and know that as time passes new matters of importance tend to obliterate the hurts of past problems.

Kind regards,

Breezman

• Posted

[size=24:118d89f569][color=darkblue:118d89f569][b:118d89f569]Hey welcome back Breezman[/b:118d89f569][/color:118d89f569][/size:118d89f569] :D :D :D :D :D :D

[size=18:118d89f569][color=red:118d89f569][b:118d89f569]I hope we are finding you in reasonable health if not good health[/b:118d89f569][/color:118d89f569][/size:118d89f569]

[size=24:118d89f569][color=indigo:118d89f569][b:118d89f569]Have a few drinks on me[/b:118d89f569][/color:118d89f569][/size:118d89f569]

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

[size=18:118d89f569][color=blue:118d89f569][b:118d89f569]Save me a sip will ya?[/b:118d89f569][/color:118d89f569][/size:118d89f569]

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :magic: :magic: :magic: :magic: :magic: :magic: :magic: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

:smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: [size=24:118d89f569][color=violet:118d89f569][b:118d89f569]Love 'n' Hugs[/b:118d89f569][/color:118d89f569][/size:118d89f569] :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch:

[size=18:118d89f569][color=blue:118d89f569][b:118d89f569]Melbi xxx[/b:118d89f569][/color:118d89f569][/size:118d89f569]

• Posted

these last few days of coming off the tablets have been mixed. yesterday afternoon i \"felt\" for the first time in ages - i was looking at courses on the internet and it felt like some of me had come alive again. i don't klnow how to explain it other than that

but then last night and for some of today i had the headache / migraine from hell. this lunchtime i ended up crying my eyes out - just feeling i couldn't get off these tablets. but in a warped way it felt good to cry. i can;t remember the last time i have been able to cry. tonight feeling so so. headache still there. going to the gps tomorrow to try and get something for the headaches and dizzyness. tonight is my last dose of citalopram - 10mg then i have to go to friday before new tablets. have to admit though part of me doesn't want to start on anything new. it feels good to be able to feel. if i can do this without tablets that would be great

anyway, thanks to this site for letting me say how i am doing - have been feeling a bit alone in it all today

monkey

• Posted

Hi Monkey,

Even without the tabs you will get these waves of emotion, sometimes I feel top of the world , then other days I feel like crying, ok my life is in a big cross roads but nevertheless life is now an emotional rollercoaster, Im gonna live it off tabs................

Monkey, i have a great family and awesome mates but hey I feel alone alot of the time, Im in a really awful mood tonight and hate to spread doom, but I logged on to say what??? I just want a run of weeks where there is some equilibrium in my moods, seem to have all highs or these downturns? I think the post from Breezeman the other day was so stirring, yet in my own world pity reigns supreme, I have a wry smile typing this, hey insanity is breathing down my neck, we hey !!!

Im going to bed now, busy day tomo, night all and Monkey, u done superb ......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.